Best video card for a lower end system?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Best video card for a lower end system?

Hybrid View

Best video card for a lower end system?

What would be the best single card solution for a non-AGP 233 Pentium with 32meg? Need help, thanks.

You probably need to be a little more specific about what you'll be needing the card for. If it's 3D gaming, then your best bet would probably be a 3dfx product, either Voodoo2 or Voodoo3 since they tend to be less demanding on the CPU while still offering pretty solid performance on older setups. Also, 32MB more RAM wouldn't hurt you either. I'm assuming you're using EDO SIMMS since it's a non-AGP board. You can get those things for dirt cheap now. Definetly worth the few extra bucks. Good luck.
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot

i have a p200mmx overclocked at 225 and am using the monster fusion... runs excellent in my system. my friend's p2 300 runs circles around my system but his ati rage agp really hurts him when he see's how well unreal looks on my lowly pent 200 go 3dfx!

Thanks. It's actually my friends puter. I'm trying to trade my Viper V550 for a voodoo2 he can use in his system. I'll check on a voodoo2 card and let him keep his ATI rage cheese in there as well.

The best card out now in PCI is the v3-2000. THey will be also putting out the v3-3500 in PCI version also, but it will cost tons.
    FOr lower end CPU's the V3-2000 is the best choice. You might want to read the reveiws over at anand's because he has the lower end PC's compared with different video cards. THe bottom line is a v3-2000 for anything under a p2-300-350. Above that and it becomes a harder question to answer.
    Soyo sy6ba+iv Intel p3-700e@933 512meg-Cas2-2-2/
    ATI Radeon 64meg DDR-vivo-/Memorex 48x//
    Iomega 12x4x32x Burn Proof//

Thread Information