Turnkey Sites That Support MIDI Files
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Turnkey Sites That Support MIDI Files

Question Turnkey Sites That Support MIDI Files

You folks may not believe this but I'm simply trying to find a turnkey site (Tried Wix, Weebly, etc.) that I can sell MIDI files off of. What you won't believe is NONE, NOT ONE of these "conventional" sites support the MIDI format. Apparently, they have never heard of the term. What's even more amazing, and frustrating is the fact that MIDI's are only 1/10 the size of MP3, and other comparable files. Another very unfortunate fact is neither Soundcloud, Spotify, or iTunes supports MIDI either. GEE, I thought SoundCloud was originally created to aide musicians. I mean, I'm thinking that if you have a team of musicians that want to collaborate wouldn't the support of MIDI files be KIND OF A GOOD IDEA?

So, enough of my whining. Does anyone know of a turnkey site that offers support for storage, and download of MIDI files?

Thanks,
    Mobo:ASUS M5A97 EVO/CPU:AMD FX-6200
    OCZ-AGIL ITY3 SSD 120Gig
    WD: 1 T'byte
    Video:AMD Radeon HD 6670, 2Gig RAM Sys: RAM:16Gig
    O/S: Win7 Enterprise 64-Bit

If it's full albums and not single files, you could always use Bandcamp and put your album in a PCM format for streaming (played on a good synth/wavetable so it sounds great ). Bandcamp has the possibility to bundle additional files (PDF booklets, covers, etc.) with an album so you could bundle your MIDI files with the album and disallow the download of individual songs. The downside is that the user has to download a whole MP3/FLAC album to get the MIDI files. Again, I assume it's for buying outright "finished" albums, if it's for collaborating between musicians it's another story altogether and a music storefront might not be the best tool.

Otherwise, some e-commerce software like WooCommerce allows to sell digital music, but I don't know if there's a file format limitation (if it has audio previews, it might be).

Core i7 2600K @ 4GHz | Noctua NH-C12P SE14 | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 670 OC 2GB | 256GB Crucial m4 | 2TB WD Green | Samsung DVD±RW | Seasonic X 460w Fanless | Fractal Design Define Mini | Windows 7 Ultimate | Dell 2209WA @ 75Hz

Join the HwC Folding@Home team!

If I still had an AWE-32, I would buy them. Yes, I'm looking at you glussier!
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Zotac 980ti 6gB, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz, 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs.

Yeah I don't know what happened to MIDI. All of my guitar processors and keyboards from the late 80-90's uses them to connect. Had to get an M-Audio preamp to convert to fireware to get them over to the Mac. Guess mp3, usb and such just came along and shoved it aside.

Thread Information