I hate The SIMS 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate The SIMS 2

Angry I hate The SIMS 2

Sims and Sims 2 are the worst games ever made. You want to screw up your computer just install either one of these along with there countless expansion packs. Did a fresh new install on my wife's computer, service pack 2 for windows XP pro, all new drivers for everything, rand 3dMARK for 24 hours stable, ran memtest, ran a few other test all fine. I install Sims 2 and the Nightlife expansion and boom the thing starts crashing and runs like crap again. I hate this game. Its a piece of junk.

EA games my friend, its EA games....They took maxis, and ruined em.

Sim games are odd anyway. Why go waste days controlling what other people do, while you can go out and do those things and have more fun. I was entertained for awhile cause I tortured the people though.

And yes..all the expansions are stupid, I bet there are people who wasted over 150 dollars on that game. Today they have Sims 1 and all the expansions for 30 bucks while it was 30 bucks an expansion. And then if you have tried installing complete collection then tried to load, it takes forever. Took me about 10 minutes to do unpacking and stuff. Normal load screen is hellish though. No optimizations at all.

But thing is, I never have had the problems you have.
    Last edited by ThePerson98; January 4th, 2006 at 04:19 PM.
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

150 bucks? my stepsister gets every expansion pack that comes out. i really mean it, every one. shes gotta be in the 300 dollar range on that game.

i totally agree, the sim games are retarded. people really should go play that game in real life for a change. but alas there are those who cant go outside and are bedridden, then it may be fun.

i also agree its an EA problem. EA destroys everything. command and conquer, sim city (remeber the first couple? now those were great) and what else... well their sports games pretty much blow. i mean how many basketball games have they made and in a couple years sega can thow out their much much better 2k games. i am dissapointed in the nba live 06 graphics, and terribly saddend by how dull tiger woods 06 looks. people say they look great and all in reviews, but its like theyre just going off of what was there last year. make nba live with the half life 2 engine, i wonder if they could. i know at least things would look somewhat real and not like the damn looney toons running around on the court.

The command and conquer games rocked. Red Alert 2 was the last decent one. EA games got them halfway in the production. C&C Generals was bad, Emperor Battle for Dune was bad. And now EA is like enslaving them to other games such as LotR Battle for Middle Earth, thats all westwood.
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

Also EIDOS has gone from bad to worse to almost totally crap. I mean , take the last Hitman and Tomb Raider. Both were terrible.
    EPOX EP9NPA+
    AMD 64 3000+
    2x 512mb Samsung DDR 400
    80gb Western Digital
    Benq DvD Writer
    LG Combo
    19" Mag Innovision CRT
    GeForce 6600GT
    Windows XP Pro SP1

Asus video card perchance?

Loatar, check your drivers. I used to have the same problem suddenly for no obvious reason. Sooner or later (usually sooner) it would then bluescreen, showing some DLL name I didn't even recognize.

You know what it was? Asus's "enhanced display drivers" caused that (and a couple of other games) to crash. I've uninstalled that crap, and have only the official Detonators downloaded from NVidia's site ever since. TS2 and everything else runs rock-solid ever since. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by krupted
    150 bucks? my stepsister gets every expansion pack that comes out. i really mean it, every one. shes gotta be in the 300 dollar range on that game.
    Considering that each expansion pack was priced almost like a full game when launched, yeah, I'd say I've paid a bit over 300$ for TS1 and expansions alone.

Quote Originally Posted by krupted
    i totally agree, the sim games are retarded. people really should go play that game in real life for a change. but alas there are those who cant go outside and are bedridden, then it may be fun.
    No need to get offensive about it. If they're not your favourite genre, that's ok, but please realize that you're not the god-given standard of what games should be played. Each person has different tastes and that's that.

I mean, equally I could tell you how retarded I find some other genres, starting with sports games right at the top of the list. And you'd be surprised to how many games your line of reasoning applies equally. (E.g., yeah, go play a real sport instead of sitting in front of a console.)

But, as I was saying, that's ok. You don't have to like the same games I do, nor viceversa. So let's not start proclaiming each other retarded, ok?

All you non-fsp and driving simulation playing gamers are retarded
    R.I.P Rangeral, To one of HWC's best moderators and a great guy

By the way, what does BTW stand for?

It is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Justintime
    All you non-fsp and driving simulation playing gamers are retarded

GASP !!!!!

What you mean there are other games besides FPS and driving Simulations?

j/k

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

Im into RTS games. I play some FPS's. And I am into RPG games.

Favorite Real time strategys. Rome Total War and Age of Empires 2.
    Favorite FPS...depends on my mood. Battlefront and Counter strike are good.
    Favorite RPG. Morrowind.

MoraelinV2.0- you even put my offensive language into proper context and yet still cant realize i rebutted my own sarcasm. or something like that im not real good with complex meanings. did i not say that for some people it may be a good game? look right in the portion you quoted me on dude.

Quote Originally Posted by jankerson
    GASP !!!!!

What you mean there are other games besides FPS and driving Simulations?

j/k
    Hah and i said FSP, i think i've proven whos retarded Too much psu talk i guess.

Oh and c'mon guys lighten up, its all fun and games in this forum

Hah and i said FSP, i think i've proven whos retarded Too much psu talk i guess.

Oh and c'mon guys lighten up, its all fun and games in this forum

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

Quote Originally Posted by jankerson
    Read my post you quoted first, i said FSP instead of FPS

Read my post you quoted first, i said FSP instead of FPS

I thought it was a type O.

Thread Information