SB Live Value Rear speaker output
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: SB Live Value Rear speaker output

SB Live Value Rear speaker output

Ok, I'm probably missing something, but how do I enable the rear speaker output on my sound card? I know it works, because when I test the four speaker setup, I can hear the test message through the rear speakers. And I've set it up for four speakers in every place I can find it, but during normal use (playing music, watching the TV Tuner) there's no output from the rear. I haven't tried playing a DVD with it, but it seems like the rear speakers should at least put out the same as the front. Ideas?
    Michael

------------------
    People think I'm evil. I'm not. I have the heart of a small boy, in a jar, on my desk. -Stephen King
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

Go into the mixer, and turn the fader towards the rear channel.

Hi,
    Well, I tried that. Didn't work. Not only that, but when I slid the mixer 100% to the rear, the front speakers showed no signs of fading out at all. Any more thoughts or ideas? I'm all ears
    Michael

------------------
    People think I'm evil. I'm not. I have the heart of a small boy, in a jar, on my desk. -Stephen King
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

if you are using the digital out it only supplies front out put, at least that's what I found. After I plugged the regular rear uot in the rear speakers worked.

I had a similar problem a while ago... The speakers would work on games and mp3s, but wouldn't when I was playing audio or DVD CD's. In my case, the solution was simple. Try this: Go on the mixer and select on the leftmost bar "what u hear".

Thread Information