Please recommend a 3d card for PII 350
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Please recommend a 3d card for PII 350

Hybrid View

Please recommend a 3d card for PII 350

Hello...I have a PII 350 MHz with 64 MB SDRAM, also, i have an AGP mobo, so my question is which video card should i get: voodoo3 2000, 3000, or a TNT2? Im looking for speed and quality equally, not one more than the other.

Thank you for all your help.

apar01

tnt2 coz v3 have a problem...since i cannot settle this problem(the monitor going black and my pc stop and i have to restart it)....

Well, I have a PII 333 with 96 mb SDRam and a Voodoo3 3000. It screams and hasn't let me down yet. I had the Viper V770 on preorder, but got sick of waiting. You really have to do some research on your own and form your own opinion. There are pro's and con's for either choice. TNT2 is clocked slower than the Voodoo3s, but comes with O/C utilities. The TNT2 will support 32-bit color, but the TNT2 doesn't have Glide. Little things like that could make a difference to some people, but might not bother you at all. DiamondMM.com and 3dfx.com, check them out.
    No, really, it's just a chemical imbalance.

Glide is out.

The TNT hasnt impressed me much, and im expecting the TNT2 to do about the same. GLide is not out, and besides, a TNT2 would not work as quick as it should on a pII 350. A voodoo3; howver, would work very nicely

For the TNT2 and your cpu its like having a fast car, but you've only got bicycle tires on it.

Thread Information