I Just Got A PS3 - A Few Questions
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: I Just Got A PS3 - A Few Questions

Question I Just Got A PS3 - A Few Questions

I am still exploring everything about it, I only just found out you can turn on the console with the controller!

But yeah, I am trying to copy over MP4 videos through a USB device but it wont detect any video files even thou I encoded them in the PS3 MPEG4 setting. How do I do this as I have a 40GB model with no card reader...?

Also would it work if I bought one of those little 50-in-1 external USB card reader boxes and plugged it into the PS3, if I then put in a memory card, would it pick up the reader and the data on memory cards?

on the PSP you have to format the memory card first, try that, then drop the videos in the video folder it creates on the memory card
    Member of The Pirate Fleet Rosetta@home Team

Core i7 920 - 4gig gskil DDR3 - Radeon 5850 1gb - 3x 1tb Wd Green - Win7 Ult 64

15.4" MacBook Pro 2.4ghz Core2 Duo - 4gb OCZ DDR2 - gforce 8600M GT 256 - 320gb WD Scorpio - OSX 10.5.2

No no, not a PSP its a Playstation 3 Console

yes, i realize that, BUT im assuming they work simliar, however after googleing your problem it seems it takes quite a few steps to do what you want to do, google: transfering video to PS3 see if that helps you

see with the PSP if you format the memory card it creates a video folder for you and you just drop your MP4 files in there, from your computer. However, after reading up on the PS3 and doing this, it seems it dosent work the same, but its always worth a try.
    Member of The Pirate Fleet Rosetta@home Team

Core i7 920 - 4gig gskil DDR3 - Radeon 5850 1gb - 3x 1tb Wd Green - Win7 Ult 64

15.4" MacBook Pro 2.4ghz Core2 Duo - 4gb OCZ DDR2 - gforce 8600M GT 256 - 320gb WD Scorpio - OSX 10.5.2

Thread Information