Monitor not working correctly.
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Monitor not working correctly.

Monitor not working correctly.

Out of the blue the other day I get the following message on my screen. "Not optimum mode recommended mode: 1280x1024 60 Hz" I'm not sure what I've done to get where im at right now because I'm currectly using the problamatic monitor but....if I go change the resolution to anything other then 800x600 that it's currently set at, my entire screen will go blank, and stay blank. I'll reboot and end up with the same message. Is this a problem with my monitor or my video card? I've been using this monitor for a couple of years and I've never had a problem with it. Whenever the Not optimum mode message would come up on my screen I'd plug a different monitor into the computer and I was able to view whatever was on the screen no problem. Please give me a solution to my problem.

Thanks,
    Phil

Apart from the Resolution (1289 x 1024), the Refresh rate contributes to the 'optimum mode' setting. Is the refresh rate set at 60Hz?

As far as providing solutions, the specs of the hardware are tied to the problem. You illustrate a problem but offer no foundation to investigate.

What kind of monitor, video card, general computer specs... any recent changes (hardware or software) to the system.
    Whenever the Not optimum mode message would come up on my screen I'd plug a different monitor into the computer and I was able to view whatever was on the screen no problem.
    Are you shutting down the computer and changing monitors? If so, what would rebooting the computer with the same monitor provide?

Well I'll have to call Samsung on monday when they are open and see about warranty. I've been able to come to the conclusion that the problem lies within the monitor itself. I've hooked the monitor up to another computer and have only gotten the same problem so I know it's not my video card. Now when the monitor is blank I've un plugged the power cord from the monitor for about 10 seconds and then plugged it back in and about 65% of the time the image would be back on the screen again...problem is, is that this is only a temp. solution because several minutes later the screen would go blank again. I've even tried different power cords to illiminate that as being part of the problem. I've had this monitor for a while as well as the computer it's hooked up to. There has been no hardware changes to my system. This problem just popped up out of the blue. The refresh rate is set to 60 Hz.

Yea, I just verified through there website that this monitor does carry a 3 year full parts and labor warranty. They just require that I speek to a tech. on the phone first and when the tech. decides for him self that the monitor isn't working the way it should they will take it in for repair free of charge.

Thanks!

I am fond of the Samsung product line. The warranty and its related process is part of customer experience.

Let us know how the RMA process works out.

Thread Information