Well this mess up my LCD?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Well this mess up my LCD?

Well this mess up my LCD?

I am using Linux for my laptop. The specs of my LCD monitor are 1280 X 800. But I have my resolution set to 1280x1024. I like how it looks...well this mess up my lcd though?

It won't mess up your LCD, but it might look funny. You'll get the best picture quality at the native resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by dman777
    I am using Linux for my laptop. The specs of my LCD monitor are 1280 X 800. But I have my resolution set to 1280x1024. I like how it looks...well this mess up my lcd though?
    Native resolution for an LCD is typically also the maximum resolution so that sounds a little strange?

some laptop screen allows higher than maximum resolution by either interpolating and showing the full output on the screen or do a 1 for 1 pixel mapping and showing partial output. if it is the latter, you will have to scroll back and forth to see the part that will not fit on the screen.

It'll simply stretch a bit funny, its no big deal for the LCD, but bugs most people that view it.
    Dont worry about the LCD, as long as it displays all should be dandy.
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

Thread Information