Help with Video capture!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Help with Video capture!

Help with Video capture!

I'm looking for some help with a simple problem. I've tried to capture video from my jvc Grd72 video camera with no success. I realized that I didn't have a firewire connection to make it as simple as possible. My question is should I get a firewire port or is there another way to capture the video? If firewire is the way to go how do I know which one to purchase. I'm running windows XP and Using Windows movie maker.

I found Firewire to be the fastest way to capture video from my camera. I got a standard Firewire PCI card and my camera had the requisite cable.
    AMD AM2 5600+ Arctic Cooling Freezer 64Pro Asus M2N 2gb Corsair XMS2 250gb SATA Seagate Barracuda XFX GTX260 Core 216 LeadTek PVR2000 Capture Card CoolerMaster Centurian 5 case Corsair VX550 PSU 19' DCL LCD Vista Home Premium 64

Folding@Home Stats Join the Team

Is there a certain type of card that is better than the rest? I 've researched a little and found some huge price differences. I was just wondering what I should be looking for in a firewire card. Thanks for your help.

Sorry about the misunderstanding. I went very inexpensively and got This One and have been very happy with it. Since it has a VIA controller chip I trusted it.
    AMD AM2 5600+ Arctic Cooling Freezer 64Pro Asus M2N 2gb Corsair XMS2 250gb SATA Seagate Barracuda XFX GTX260 Core 216 LeadTek PVR2000 Capture Card CoolerMaster Centurian 5 case Corsair VX550 PSU 19' DCL LCD Vista Home Premium 64

Folding@Home Stats Join the Team

Thread Information