Help I am trying to switch from Vista to XP...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Help I am trying to switch from Vista to XP...

Help I am trying to switch from Vista to XP...

Does anyone have any advice for me? I was completely fed up with Vista so I went and purchased XP pro and now I can't even get it to load!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

What type of machine are you trying to load it on? Desktop? If a brand, we need name and model number.

Are you loading it on a SATA hard drive, and if so do you have a floppy to load the SATA drivers with during the installation process?

I am on a Toshiba Satellite Laptop Model #P205-S7436

Try the Toshiba forums or go to the Mobile Technology section of this forum:
    http://forums.computers.toshiba-euro...ums/index.jspa

I have moved the thread to the Mobile Technology forum for a better response.

Ok sorry I am new to this, what does that mean? I am still trying to figure out how to find the responses to my post! Sorry I am a newby!

Quote Originally Posted by aw4u2nv
    Ok sorry I am new to this, what does that mean? I am still trying to figure out how to find the responses to my post! Sorry I am a newby!
    Nothing to apologize for. I moved your thread to a forum that is more geared to notebooks-that's all. We have had a lot of threads recently about changing over from Vista to XP on laptops. If you have not looked through the Mobile Tech forum regarding what you are doing, you ought to-lots of good information there.

Not long ago I preformed the same op on a clients toshiba satellite, and it can be a real pain. You came to a good forum for answers! You may find some answers on my original post -

http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...d.php?t=179184

there was a post with a link to a similar problem.

Hope you get your machine staightened out. Be patient, make sure you know what hardware you have before formating and installing XP. Once your up and running you'll be really happy with the preformance of your machine!

lot's of luck!

Thread Information