Video Card HELP!!?! plz?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Video Card HELP!!?! plz?

Video Card HELP!!?! plz?

Ohk last week i thought i messed up my motherboard so i had a Gigabyte s series motheboard shipped out to me. I put in my old Vcard and still not seeing it so i figure my vcard must have went bad too so i go out and buy a Geforce 8600 gt Vcard to replace my old 7950 , It come in today so i am thinking easy install driver pop in card and good to go ... i would think but no i try to install drivers and it says drivers dont match any of my current hardware and exits. So i pop in videocard thinking it will see new hardware but nothing comes up. Any idea what is going on??

Quote Originally Posted by viper52680
    ... i try to install drivers and it says drivers dont match any of my current hardware and exits...
    If not done already,
    Double check model of video card and driver used.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

install the video card first, then put in the cd/drivers and install from there.

If possible, boot up into safe mode and run a Driver Cleaner (you can get a trial version instead of purchasing). Great little program that has solved some of problems with switching from Ati to Nvidia cards (or vice versa) and fixing bad installs of drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte
    Nice find Midknyte, never heard of it, might have to give it a try next time.

Thread Information