relax everyone
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: relax everyone

relax everyone

I guess joking around is not allowed....oh well....have a nice day

[This message has been edited by compgamer (edited 04-29-99).]

compgamer,
    Your the quintessential example of a Bull charging through a china shop. Tread lightly 'til you understand the subtleties of the community ethos and avoid hyperbole, puerile taunts and sermons from the mount or prepare to be flamed 'til you cower in a corner. Failing that follow the thread/link below to find out your true nature...You've just learned a valuable lesson in group dynamics, don't spoil it by rubbing salt in your wounds ...

C L I C K H E R E....
    www.hardwarecentral.com/discussion/Forum5/HTML/000896.html

Heed the warnings of others or get used to this....

-----------------
    Welcome to HWC...
    "Everyone should be humiliate themselves before learning any things." - Chuawa

ummm, just a couple of points of fact.

1.) you can't see any difference between 24 or 32 bit colors on the desktop, monitors only display 24bit color...

2.) V3 doesn't display 16bit color, it displays 22bit color.(this is in response to the other thread.)

------------------
    da jig isz up...
    i'm so upset lately...
    i'm contemplating www.cybersuicide.com

da jig isz up...

Yes, you truly must have a good monitor. On what planet did you buy this gem? All of the ones ever manufactured on this planet display 24bits (or less!). I would be very interested in acquiring one of these HyperDimensional PlasmaFlux9000(tm) monitors just to see what I've been missing by staring drone-like into my paltry low-tech 24 bit joke-screen.

Hey jig-- I wonder what Photoshop would look like on a monitor from the fourth dimension?

i dunno Flaps...

but i would imagine it would be pretty difficult to do a perspective distort...

that whole extra dimension thing....

you would probably need to get a pair of glasses or something that hooked up to the monitor to compensate for the dimensional shift...

the only problem with the glasses though is that they are only in 24bit color....

------------------
    da jig isz up...
    i'm so upset lately...

da jig isz up...

...but if you had 1 Gig of RAM, now that would change *EVERYTHING*...

Sorry, jigsta-- I couldn't couldn't help myself

awww mayn... that was pretty cheap man....

i must weep....

heh heh

i still think RAM makes all the difference.... but that was another topic.... so, nevermind...

i already said that was a topic where everyone was right, and no one could be wrong.

i know you were just jokin...

grrrr

------------------
    da jig isz up...
    i'm so upset lately...

da jig isz up...

Hehe--

Our disagreement was definitely based more upon the context of the discussion more so than right vs. wrong. Speaking of RAM, I need to go pick up another stick pretty soon. For budgetary reasons at the time I made this machine I only put in 64Mb, and I'm really noticing the hit fairly frequently. Fortunately for us pixel pushers RAM is much more affordable than it was a few years back. I remember the agonizing delays I had to endure running Photoshop on my first computer (486 DX-2/50). When I upgraded from 4 to 12 megs it cost me almost $300, the performance increase was phenomenal, but ouch-- didn't it hurt!

Baloney, god do I remember those days! I had a 386 w/8M and could scrounge many of the 1M sticks, but getting a 4M was so expensive! and my system could only take in groups of four I had 8, which was terrific, but so badly wanted to upgrade

Seems like it was not too long ago either ...
    I call it "No-Pants Wonderday," but it turns out the police just call it "Thursday." Go figure.

Thread Information