Who do that Voodoo Two?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Who do that Voodoo Two?

Who do that Voodoo Two?

I'm thinking of getting a Voodoo 2 card to upgrade my ATI Xpert@Play 98 cards 3D performence. I have searched the Net for reviews of these cards and found that they all perform about the same. So, I'm goning to go with the cheapest one I can find; the Best Data Voodoo 2. Although before I shell out the $150.00 (Canadian) to get the Voodoo 2 I have a couple of questions. Will the voodoo 2 card work with my ATI card? Will it be accellerated by AMD 3D-Now!? And finally, do you think this would be a good choice? Please help me out with this as if I make the wrong choice, my buget for a couple of months is blown. If you think that this is the wrong choice, I'm open to critisism! P.S. please don't send any anti AMD or ATI as they do much better that some 'almighty' Intel's that I have seen. Thanks.
    "Do Your Best On Tony's Team... Or He'll Put A Bullet In You!"

Yes, a Voodoo2 would work in conjunction with your existing ATI. Voodoo2's drivers also have good support for 3dNow!.

You need to supply more information for the "am I making a good choice?" part:

- What speed K6-2 do you have?
    - Do you have an AGP slot?

I have a free AGP Slot and a AMD K6-2 350 MHZ
    "Do Your Best On Tony's Team... Or He'll Put A Bullet In You!"

A Voodoo2 would be a solid addition for you, but I would recommend that you also look into a Voodoo3. Voodoo3 would offer considerably better performance than a single Voodoo2 at not much more cost. I'm not sure about its availablity in Canada right now, but if its not available yet you may want to consider waiting.

Sorry for the double post See Below

[This message has been edited by Twist (edited 05-03-99).]

In reply to your questions, YES, the voodoo2 will coincide with your ATI Expert@play 98, that is the setup i had before getting a mobo w/built in video (big mistake). They worked great together im running on AMD K6-2 333Mhz.

[This message has been edited by Twist (edited 05-03-99).]

Thread Information