[RESOLVED] 8600GT XXX help
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: [RESOLVED] 8600GT XXX help

Thumbs up [RESOLVED] 8600GT XXX help

i just bought that XFX 8600GT XXX 256MB GDDR3 awhile ago at newegg so i'm expecting to get in a few days i guess, here's the probelm though, i also just bought my desktop on thanksgiving and haven't put anything in there yet, it has an onboard video card Nvidia 6150SE nForce 430 which is garbage, i dont really know much of computers but i just recently known that my PSU is only 300W, and that the 8600GT XXX has no external power required so on and so fort i have no idea really... i wonder if the 300W PSU is good enough for the whole pc and for the upcoming GPU upgrade

i just really need a good advice , i tried that sticky for psu calculation, i'm pretty much confused

Nvidia 6150SE nForce 430 which is garbage
    Actually, it's about the best onboard video chipset. It just isn't great for gaming, but it was never intended as that.

i wonder if the 300W PSU is good enough for the whole pc and for the upcoming GPU upgrade
    Probably not, and if it's a generic, definitely not. Check out the psu link in my sig for links to quality psu reviews and a lot of good basic psu info.

lol didnt even know that its the best chipset i dnt know much about computers, anyways that only thing that's pissing me off with that 6150 is that when i play counter strike 1.6, i'm pretty sure this game doesnt really need that much of good gpu.. i get 100fps stable always but except when a smokegrenade is thrown it drops down to 10fps which is so frustrating i cant move and end up useless for scrimmage. anyways that's about it and hopefully i'll get a stable 100fps in smoke with the 8600GT lol , dnt have enough money or no money at all for 8800GT, also i really appreciate your quick reply

You're welcome.

Happy New Year and welcome to Hardware Central.

Thread Information