Realtek's HD Audio Manager control panel disappeared
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Realtek's HD Audio Manager control panel disappeared

Realtek's HD Audio Manager control panel disappeared

I'm having issues with Realteks' HDAudio Manager control panel.

I'm running XP w/sp2 (for now) and I don't want the service to run at startup. I did find, hidden under that "I" icon, the ability not to show the program icon in the system tray which I checked. The process (service) is still running at startup. I was able to stop the process using MS Config ok (, but by doing so I couldn't manually start the program by creating a shortcut under 'Programs' (where it should be in the first place) and clicking on it.

First issue:
    Why isn't there a shortcut in the 'Programs' menu as all other programs have??

Second, but najor issue;
    Now, even with the service running (with the tray icon hidden), I can't access the control panel. Nothing comes up.

What's up with this??
    When not in use, turn off the juice.
    Think of someone else instead of just yourself. There is far more to it than your utility bill.

Ok, When I went to CP I saw an entry for this Audio Mgr. at the bottom of the list. I clicked on it and it opened.
    I then checked that box to show the icon in the System Tray. I closed the CP and clicked on that icon and it started.
    I then tried the shortcut I made again linked to the .exe file buried three layers deep in the Realtek program folder and nothing again.

Then it is a dll that starts the program when I click on the icon in the systen tray or in Control Panel??
    When not in use, turn off the juice.
    Think of someone else instead of just yourself. There is far more to it than your utility bill.

Thread Information