Problem in finding drivers for notebook running under Win XP
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Problem in finding drivers for notebook running under Win XP

Problem in finding drivers for notebook running under Win XP

Hello everyone,
    I had a TOSHIBA Satellite M200 laptop and it came with the Windows Vista home edition.
    But I remove the Vista and installed Windows XP professional service pack 2.
    The main problem which I am facing is finding the Wireless Lan driver.
    I have tried the drivers given at toshiba-asia.com for the XP but with no result.
    When I completed installing those drivers and then run that for the wireless access it says that the driver is not installed.
    In the device manager I saw that two things are in the unknown devices. These are:
    1. Ethernet Controller
    2. Multi storage Controller.
    It will be really good if anybody please provide me with the correct wireless lan driver for my notebook and also how to get rid of these unknown devices.

Multi storage Controller is likely referring to the Intel 945GM Express chipset driver.

Ideas on identifying unknown devices mentioned in existing thread, LINK
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Hi atlaz2007! I have a Toshiba Satellite M200 too and I also downgraded from Vista to XP. You can try the following driver for your wireless lan:

Atheros 802.11a/b/g,b/g Mini-PCI/PCIe Driver v5.3.0.35 for Windows XP
    Driver Installer (WinXP) Ver5.2.0.98
    WinXP Driver Ver5.3.0.35

It worked for me. You said you have managed to get the XP drivers for the rest of the devices. Can share with me the drivers for the graphics, sound, the function key panels and the wired ethernet NIC? I'm having difficulties locating the drivers for the above items. Many thanks.

Thread Information