Toshiba Satellite A135-S4467
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toshiba Satellite A135-S4467

How to go back to XP

I have Satellite Toshiba laptop (A135-S4467), after having a vista for couple of days decided its too much. Installed XP, need drivers no problem go to Intel.com they got display, wirless drivers which work fine, if you plan to do so save to a disk before you delete vista or unless you have second computer. Download wireless files that is specificly to work with XP then go to toshiba com and download LAN Drivers if need them and modem drivers HD. Overall you can dig up drivers/controllers you need. Update to SP2, it helps to fix driver PCI device (this is how its called) in device manager. Overall I like xp on my laptop it is much simpler and I have more space on my desktop and seem to work fine so far. On toshiba com look in same serias SXXXX to trial and error xp driver files for modem audio drivers from different serias it works like lAN. Sorry my grammar ****s. Well good luck to all.

Arrow Ok, this reply for satelitte (toshiba) A135-S4467

Earlier I wrote, about how to downgrade or install xp on existing vista.

First go to Intel.com and look for most popular downloads: look for drivers you need the most like ethernet, modem, display and sound (it usually Realtek HD). all this drivers you can find on intel exept modem this is a vista driver but it will work on xp it does work for me, you really don't need it unless u use reg telephone line (this version is driver_modem_25342E), I don't use it I just downloaded it and it shows as it works properly in my device manager, it comes up as "Toshiba software modem" it makes your ? mark disapear and seem run smooth with others drivers with no conflict. Intel.com is the driver center for display accelarator and ethernet and sound driver (usually on toshibas it Realtek HD. Look for drivers that designed or supported for xp, most some/or most of them are both compatible for vista and xp. All other drivers like dvd player and bus, hardrive will be automatically detected after you install xp windows. now it is been a week and my xp runs smooth and sound and display like it was on vista but only more spacious and takes less ram. Also download all updates through microsoft they help to find driver or two that you don't have idea for? but it should fix it. I will check my email later see if you have more questions, explore Intel.com drivers at most popular downloads which is from cover of downloads like in news paper, it can be done. so try and mess with drivers and put them in separte folders don't let it confuse you later.

" Installed XP, ...." But how?

Thanks, Usethis, for the prompt response.

You wrote:
    >"Earlier I wrote, about how to downgrade or install xp on existing vista."
    Are you referring to your 03-18-2007, 09:32 PM entry?

All I see there is the statement " Installed XP, ...."
    But how?
    As so many people on this (http://discussions.hardwarecentral.com)
    and on http://forum.notebookreview.com
    and other discusstion groups reported that they could not do this,
    I'm interested in details.
    A procedural, step by step.

If you wrote this elsewhere - please advise.
    Thanks a lot!

Post Steps on xp

First: Go to intel.com, downloads section, as download page came up you will see it says "most downloads" ; find what drivers you need from different sources like toshiba wesite, if you still have vista you can go to device manager and look up the drivers names, then you need to find them for xp version, most of them work for both, like intel grafic accelarator, it either 985 or 845 chipest family, ethernet/lan driver are also on intel.com and its Realtek RTL 8139/ or something whatelese you have for your version of toshiba, on intel website you need to go downloads then to left collum where you see different section of drivers, go for LAN for example and then chose driver you need from the model you have on your toshiba and then save/donload it, and same for wireless; which eccpecially you needed first(Intel Pro/wireless..your model) and make sure in description when you download it from intel.com website, make sure there is supported for xp, sometimes both xp and vista, then you need. whatever connection you have you need to find that driver first and then you need to install after you install xp windows (that is easy), change boot priority start from d: drive and follow installation, after it installed you need set time, bllalblaa, and some drivers will be already detected when you complete xp software installation; like dvd player drivers, and harddrive, but then you need to find files for wirless and others and save them from your friend computer or if you still have vista and internet. Ask me specific question but try what I alread wrote

Lightbulb Able to setup wireless connection on A135 S4467 on XP/2003

Quite usefull like...I tried "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Network Connection Software " on my Toshiba A135-S4467, loaded with XP and 2003, it worked.Now am able to connect to internet.
    Thx guys..keep the good work UP.

Ganji.

Quote Originally Posted by Usethis
    Earlier I wrote, about how to downgrade or install xp on existing vista.

First go to Intel.com and look for most popular downloads: look for drivers you need the most like ethernet, modem, display and sound (it usually Realtek HD). all this drivers you can find on intel exept modem this is a vista driver but it will work on xp it does work for me, you really don't need it unless u use reg telephone line (this version is driver_modem_25342E), I don't use it I just downloaded it and it shows as it works properly in my device manager, it comes up as "Toshiba software modem" it makes your ? mark disapear and seem run smooth with others drivers with no conflict. Intel.com is the driver center for display accelarator and ethernet and sound driver (usually on toshibas it Realtek HD. Look for drivers that designed or supported for xp, most some/or most of them are both compatible for vista and xp. All other drivers like dvd player and bus, hardrive will be automatically detected after you install xp windows. now it is been a week and my xp runs smooth and sound and display like it was on vista but only more spacious and takes less ram. Also download all updates through microsoft they help to find driver or two that you don't have idea for? but it should fix it. I will check my email later see if you have more questions, explore Intel.com drivers at most popular downloads which is from cover of downloads like in news paper, it can be done. so try and mess with drivers and put them in separte folders don't let it confuse you later.

I'm having an issue getting my friends 4467 to go sleep when I shut the lid. Do I need a special driver?

Toshiba Satellite A135-4467 problems

Hi lads,

I've read all the posts about "upgrading" laptop with win xp pro from win vista. I have Toshiba Satellite A135-4467 and still having problems with Ethernet controller, Network controller, Video controller, Video controller (VGA compatible), mass storage controller, SM bus controller, audio device on high definition audio bus....
    Please respond...

Thanks a mill for your help

T

Quote Originally Posted by To$as
    Hi lads,

I've read all the posts about "upgrading" laptop with win xp pro from win vista. I have Toshiba Satellite A135-4467 and still having problems with Ethernet controller, Network controller, Video controller, Video controller (VGA compatible), mass storage controller, SM bus controller, audio device on high definition audio bus....
    Please respond...

Thanks a mill for your help

T

Try this and see what happens!
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...ceghdgngdgnn.0

Quote Originally Posted by bs953
    All the drivers are for WIN VISTA. But i have installed WIN XP PRO...

It is a video driver issue. Do you have any errors at all in your device manager? Did you install Omega drivers or the official ATI drivers? The ATI drivers fix this problem. Try using a marble mouse as I do. I had to pull a reformat to fix the damn mouse....to get rid of the Omega drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by To$as
    All the drivers are for WIN VISTA. But i have installed WIN XP PRO...
    So your gonna have to use the xp drivers for a model that is close to yours. It is a duck shoot with this deal. There are over 30 pages of drivers and downloads at that link. You have to search and try, just remember which ones worked. make a seperate folder to drop them into. I am sure when you strike gold the other users here would be grateful for what you have found.

It is a video driver issue. Do you have any errors at all in your device manager? Did you install Omega drivers or the official ATI drivers? The ATI drivers fix this problem. Try using a marble mouse as I do. I had to pull a reformat to fix the damn mouse....to get rid of the Omega drivers.
    Yes i used the omega drivers because i couldnt get the ati drivers to work. I have no errors in the device manager. I also use a mouseball.

Quote Originally Posted by buttzilla
    Yes i used the omega drivers because i couldnt get the ati drivers to work. I have no errors in the device manager. I also use a mouseball.
    your problem then is in the video, the ati drivers wouldn't work when you tried to install them at what point? before Omega or after? If it was after your in deep dog doo doo. Try farting around with your video accelration, resolutin etc and see if that works. Are you eligible for the supported downgrade from microsnot? Oh if you tried to do the omega first then I am positive your gonna have to reformat and install ati drivers.

your problem then is in the video, the ati drivers wouldn't work when you tried to install them at what point? before Omega or after? If it was after your in deep dog doo doo. Try farting around with your video accelration, resolutin etc and see if that works. Are you eligible for the supported downgrade from microsnot? Oh if you tried to do the omega first then I am positive your gonna have to reformat and install ati drivers.
    I tried the ati driver first and they keep telling me my hardware is not supported. The video is ati 200m express and that what I used. I installed the southbridge driver first before the video driver.

The official ATI drivers from ATI's web site won't install on mobile chipsets. You can use http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool/ to patch them so they will.
    Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.

Thread Information