Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527

Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527

Quote Originally Posted by datars
    Toshiba A135-S2276 XP Drivers Full.

Unzip and Burn CD

Tested on a fresh install of XP

Drivers here

This is the closest thing I have found to helping me out (maybe). DO you think it would be okay to try these on my Toshiba A135-S4527?

If not can someone help me find the drivers for my Toshiba?

This is driving me crazy

Quote Originally Posted by life
    Try open up your task manager to see if hotkey.exe is running at 60% to 99% every 15-20 seconds. If this is the case, you have an incompatable hotkey utility installed. Try "Startup Control Panel v2.7" and remove it from auto-running when your pc is starting up. (This will prevent hotkey.exe from loading and your hotkey might not work! I'm looking for a working hotkey utility but no luck yet!)

Hope this will help, good luck!

I am having the same problem I can't adjust my LCD brightness. I have installed every HotKey Utility no luck yet with XP Pro. My system runs great but with the incompatable HotKey utility my system hangs like every 15-30 seconds. I have a A135-S4527 Laptop. I have been able to successfully install every driver both from manufacturers websites and using the Restore disks from Toshiba for Vista. The only problem I am having is my Fn Keys are not working so I can adjust my brightness. If I get this resolved my system will be perfect. XP much faster than Vista any day. I even upgraded to 2GB RAM and it didn't make much difference. XP Pro the way to go on these laptops.

If anyone has a solution to the LCD brightness problem or to get the Fn Keys working please let me know.

Thanks,
    Mike

Has anyone found a solution on how to get the LCD brightness adjustment Fn keys to work with XP Pro or found drivers? I really need this as my last driver.

Satellite A135-S4527 and Drivers for XP Service pack 2!

Hi all!

I'm using Toshiba A135-S4527, When I install Windows XP Service pack 2, I meet some errror following :

UnKnown Device

Ethernet controller?
    Storage controllers?

I can't finded drivers for network card (LAN, Wireless) for XP, Help me!!!

Thanks,

Installing XP on Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527

I too was very annoyed to find no easy way to get drivers for XP for my new toshiba satellite A135 laptop. Windows Vista was using more than 50% of my 1GB of Ram just to run the operating system.

Some of the drivers worked from the CD, some i had to find at the manufacturer's website, but I was most stumped by the 'SM Bus controller' Driver. I found it by first determining my chpset. For me it was Intels 943GML Express. So i went straight to Intel's site (forget about toshiba's site). Intel.com. Then i went to the download center and found the INF Update Utility for my chipset and voila. got my last driver installed. i would recommend installing this driver first though.

sAM

Hey guys,
    I recently received a Toshiba Satellite A135-4527 laptop and downgraded to xp pro sp2 like all of you guys and i have gotten my video card driver to work but i still need my audio and most importantly my lan drivers can someone please help me! thank you guys for all your help and support

tosas can you give me your sound driver that you used and if you find that eternet controller please give that to me as well i have everything but those 2 and i have wireless working ok but not lan please help! thanks again everyone

Satellite A135-S4527 downgrade to xp pro

I bought this laptop for my wife, as a replacement for an xp pro machine, and she was not happy with the vista gui. I agreed to install xp pro, partly because I have some older software that I suspected would not run under vista. I have to admit that I did not actually try the software and see how if worked.

Downgrading turned out to be an extremely difficult procedure, because the drivers included with the toshiba are for vista and don't work for xp. If I had known this I doubt that I would have taken the plunge, and I would not recommend it to most people. Luckily, I found this forum and it was a lifesaver, but still not easy! I considered several times restoring vista, and am still half expecting to have to do so, but at this point(approximately 24 hours after formatting the drive and installing xp), the system is stable.

I tried a bunch of the drivers on this site, but most of them were for a different computer. This computer has an intel chipset and video adapter and the drivers must be obtained from intel. The first order of business is to install the wireless card so you can get the other stuff. That driver, for this particular machine, was an atheros mini card and can be obtained from the toshiba site. I got the wifi card going with one of the drivers that I downloaded from this site, and that might have been a performance issue later...

I recommend that you try to obtain the drivers from the manufacturer's sites if possible. I would also recommend a program called pc wizard that will detect your devices, allowing you to figure out where to get the drivers. After getting drivers from intel and this site, the hardware manager showed these yellow asterisks:

sm bus controller
    mass storage device

Pc wizard pointed me to the driver from the intel site for the bus contoller, and the other was a flash drive or something that it found on the toshiba recovery disk.

Once I had all the device yellow asterisks gone, I was still plagued with the mouse frequently freezing for many seconds. Eventually I uninstalled the mouse and synaptic pointer and let them reinstall upon start up, which did nothing. Then I used pc wizard to figure out the sound card and wifi hardware, and downloaded their drivers from the vendors, or from Toshiba. This seemed to solve the problem and everything is working at the moment.

After reading all the post I am half expectin that I will experience problems later, but right now, everything is runniing well and everyone is happy.

Any xp pro drivers for a Toshiba a135-s4527? I especially need the onboard wireless drivers. I have look everywhere and the drivers I find will not work correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by gax
    Hey guys,
    I recently received a Toshiba Satellite A135-4527 laptop and downgraded to xp pro sp2 like all of you guys and i have gotten my video card driver to work but i still need my audio and most importantly my lan drivers can someone please help me! thank you guys for all your help and support
    Download new chipset and video driver from Intel. (infinst_autol.exe, win2k_xp1429.exe)
    Realtek 8101E lan driver from Clevo. (Notebook type: Clevo 52xn)
    Sound driver from Realtek. (WDM_R167.exe)
    Modem driver from Toshiba. (modem_driver_24711C.exe) Install modem after sound driver!
    Texas xx12 driver from HP. (SP33416.exe)
    Atheros Wlan driver: Atheros5_0_0_107.zip, use Google

All work, except LCD bright control (Fn + F6, Fn + F7). If you solved this, please tell me.
    I have problem with my Twinmos 150x 4GB SD card. Wrinting so slow, 0.3Mbyte/s. In Vista too.

I have a Toshiba Satellite A135 - S4527 laptop downgraded to WinXP.
    I installed all drivers excepting Ethernet Controller. I tried most of the solutions from this thread and the drivers from previous "versions" of this series... no luck.
    If anyone could give a link to download a driver for the Ethernet would be much appreciated

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by likemountaindew
    Any xp pro drivers for a Toshiba a135-s4527? I especially need the onboard wireless drivers. I have look everywhere and the drivers I find will not work correctly.
    Heya, what driver did you used for the Ethernet controller?
    I haven't installed wireless either...

Quote Originally Posted by zmokey
    I installed all drivers excepting Ethernet Controller. I tried most of the solutions from this thread and the drivers from previous "versions" of this series... no luck.
    If anyone could give a link to download a driver for the Ethernet would be much appreciated

Cheers!
    It work with XP Prof. + SP2

hrm I have that but doesn't work...

Quote Originally Posted by zmokey

Cheers!
    What exactley is your ethernet contoller? IE: brand, type, version etc. Look it up in your book if you dont know

Thread Information