Toshiba Satellite A305 Downgrade to XP
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Toshiba Satellite A305 Downgrade to XP

Toshiba Satellite A305 Downgrade to XP

I guess I'm looking for a comprehensive guide to downgrade my laptop from Vista to XP. But it doesn't seem to to be possible to find one. I know alot of my friends have done it but i am having absolutely NO LUCK. Ive tried a million forums, a thousand sites, and a few handfuls of expers and without dishing out $80 to $230[to hire someone else to do it] I've found no way to do it!

If someone here could AT LEAST point me in the right direction I'd be very happy!

Specs: [from DXDIAG]
    ------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Machine name: JETB

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA

System Model: Satellite A305

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz

Memory: 4086MB RAM
    Page File: 1781MB used, 6568MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 10
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

1. Verify you can get XP drivers from Toshbia - if found download em

2. If not found - stop cause you can't go any further.

3. If you can get the drivers - pop in your XP cd - delete the existing partitions on the hard drive and install away.
    "Imagine a world where dogs took bad owners to the pound."

http://www.hopeforpaws.org/

To start you'll need the complete model # for your unit. That will be something like A305 S2276 and it will be on a sticker on the bottom. Search using the complete model #.

You can also run a hardware ID program like Everest or Belarc to know which drivers you're looking for. Thousands of others have switched their Toshibas; you can too.

Along with what has already been suggested,
    You can also try the following link,

And download drivers, if available, from the component manufacturer.

It will be time consuming to identifying, locating, downloading and then testing each driver.

If looking for a quick, no/minimal costs solution,
    If applicable, return notebook for refund and purchase another brand/model with WindowsXP downgrade option.
    There are plenty of those available for purchase. HP business class models with stated option, ships it to you with XP installed.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

ok so i know now its a Toshiba Satillite A305-S6837.
    And i kinda jumped the gun and did it, but i thought i had everything i needed >.>
    tghe specs from the toshiba stie are as follows:
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...8606%7CPSAG0U#

About the ONLY thing i am missing is my Video Driver, im actually posting from my laptop as we speak and everything is fine, but i cant seem to find this driver, every singel one that i grab dosent work.

Graphics9
    •Mobile Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 with 128MB-358MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory

Also, is there any driver i 'might' be missing?

Look in Device Manager to see if you have any conflicts etc...And or if something like "sounds" doesn't work, you'll need to install drivers.
    "Imagine a world where dogs took bad owners to the pound."

http://www.hopeforpaws.org/

That is Intel integrated graphics, part of the motherboard chipset, so it should be included in the Intel chipset drivers.

I need Audio and Video Drivers for my Toshiba A305 S6837

I have installed XP in my Toshiba laptop A305 S6837 but i have no audio and video drivers. I got most of the drivers from the links you provided but did not get these main drivers.. can anyone guide me to get these drivers.

Hi DanceMan you were right the graphics drivers are in the motherboard chipset part.... i installed it and i was done with it but still i am not getting the audio drivers as well as the LAN and WLAN drivers.. if you know the links please give me so that i can download them.....

Audio driver for Toshiba A305

Hi Roystan77,
    I also "downgraded" my A305 to XP because I hated Vista's nanny features***.
    I got the sound card to work by downloading WDM_R190.exe (the version I got was 2.11.15.0) and running it on my machine.
    I couldn't find the exact version I downloaded, but here's version a link for downloading version 5.10.0.5591 of WDM_R190.exe.
    http://www.realtek.cz/realtek-downlo...LC662&system=1
    I hope that helps.

***The "last straw" for me with Vista was when my own computer told me I didn't have the permissions to install Flash.

toshiba drivers support sucks to put it mildly. as long as the generic manufacturer's drivers work, i would just leave it at that.

finding toshiba specific winxp drivers is not the easiest thing in the world, since toshiba usa only have drivers for supported o/s (winxp is not supported in the usa). the last few times that i did this, i found the toshiba specific drivers at the toshiba europe site by searching for laptops with common hardwares.

To add to athi's comments, I've also been able to locate drivers on the Toshiba Australia site and at the Toshiba Ireland site. Don't be afraid to check EVERY country in which they have a site that you can read.
    AMD AM2 5600+ Arctic Cooling Freezer 64Pro Asus M2N 2gb Corsair XMS2 250gb SATA Seagate Barracuda XFX GTX260 Core 216 LeadTek PVR2000 Capture Card CoolerMaster Centurian 5 case Corsair VX550 PSU 19' DCL LCD Vista Home Premium 64

Folding@Home Stats Join the Team

Thread Information