Mitsubishi HC1500 DLP HDTV suggestions?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Mitsubishi HC1500 DLP HDTV suggestions?

Hybrid View

Mitsubishi HC1500 DLP HDTV suggestions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/5-PC-MITSUBISHI-...QQcmdZViewItem

been checking out projectors lately. i know a couple things. one, 1080p native projectors are too much money ($2k+), two, 720p projectors are just right ($1k) and three, this mitsubishi seems just right.

anyone have any tips or input on these? i think it would be cool to play "rollcage" on a 100" screen.

When I clicked on the thread, I thought you were talking about DPL projection TVs. I was about recommend Toshiba, but they don't make any projectors above 1024x768 and I don't think they're for home theater. As for the one you're looking at, Newegg has it cheaper and for way cheaper shipping.

These are probably the best for the price and specs you're looking at:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...d&Order=RATING

If you went with the Acer, you'd have enough money left to buy a decent white screen for the wall too.

Now you got me wanting one! 1280x1024 is all I need for gaming, especially on my wall. I just plunked down for a 65" Toshiba DLP TV so it will be awhile before I get a new display. But a projector would make one hell of a monitor for my PC...
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

Quote Originally Posted by wrathchild_67
    Now you got me wanting one! 1280x1024 is all I need for gaming, especially on my wall. I just plunked down for a 65" Toshiba DLP TV so it will be awhile before I get a new display. But a projector would make one hell of a monitor for my PC...

65"

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

I got it for $2k with a stand. Compared to Plasmas and LCDs in that price range it was a pretty good deal. You really won't get anything over 50" in Plasma or LCD that does 1080P in that price range save for some low end brands.
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

well as of the last few years, dlp projectors have become so cheap and so good its hard not to consider them. my couch sits 8ft from the front wall and its going to have about a 100" diagonal screen, good god football WILL be in high def this year!!

wrath- you sure you would give acer $1000? i dont trust them with a $30 cd burner...

Thread Information