Unusual problem with HP1220C printer!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Unusual problem with HP1220C printer!

Unusual problem with HP1220C printer!

I have a problem with my HP1220C color printer that is rather unusual. Let me state that I have never had a major problem with this printer until now.

I tried to print an NCAA pdf (Acrobat) document, and it did not print, but seemed to 'stop up' the buffer. The amber light came on signaling that a problem exists, but it WILL NOT clear out. I have checked for jams, and anything else, but to no avail.

I have repeatedly gone and deleted any print held for the printer, also to no avail.

Short of taking the printer apart, and pulling the 'buffer chip', I don't know how else to fix it, and I am not sure if that would or not.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Try turning off the pc and the printer.
    "Imagine a world where dogs took bad owners to the pound."

http://www.hopeforpaws.org/

Which pdf reader are you using? Acrobat Reader 8.1 is bloated. You can try something else like Foxit or Sumatra.

Did you look for updated printer drivers?

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot9
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I have the same printer too and it stopped working 2 months ago. Unfortunately I don't have the time disassemble and repair it. Still one of the best A3 size printers around and will be fixing as soon as I have some free time to do so.

I would suggest searching Google for the HP1220C Service Manual to troubleshoot the printer.
    "Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!"
    Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Thread Information