Problem with my 2GB Kingston Micro SD card...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Problem with my 2GB Kingston Micro SD card...

Problem with my 2GB Kingston Micro SD card...

So i bought the card off amazon.co.uk a few weeks back. Have been using the card alot, not mishandled or mistreated it in any way. Monday i go to try and load a file off of it, and it just freezes up on me. Since then ive got nowhere with it, Ive tried numerous times in a PC to access it, but it will always show up as nothing is in the usb adapter, ive tried this in various PC's and even with an SD adaptor. Today i managed to try the card in a couple of phones, It showed up with no header in the Nokia N95, and was even able to tell me how much space i had used. I also tried it in a samsung phone, where it said it'd like to format it, but when doing so would jsut give an error. Tried on PC's again after those attempts, but to no avail. If anyone could clue me in on how to sort this out, or somehow get the files off of it, that would be awesome and greatly appreciated. I dont really want to have to spend more monies on another one, Though if i do I'd also like some reccomendations as to which Micro SD cards are most reliable...

Thank you

If it's only a few weeks old, I'd say it's probably just a faulty card -- you should be able to get it swapped over under warranty.

In terms of getting stuff off it, try everything you can -- as a start, do you maybe have a way (cable, bluetooth) to connect that Nokia to a computer and copy the files off that way?
    Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.

Well i'll try and do that, but i think my packaging is in terrible condition...Too much excitment came when i first recieved it.
    I don't actually have access to the nokia but i'll try what you said as i do have a cable and a bluetooth reciever, Just need to find a nokia now... Thanks alot

If it's a warranty job, the state of the packaging really shouldn't matter. In many cases of computer part warranty replacements you'll be told to only send back the device itself for replacement, and keep any manuals, CDs etc.
    Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.

Oh ok, that's awesome then. Thank you for letting me know that.

Thread Information