Need xp audio driver for toshiba satellite a215-4747
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Need xp audio driver for toshiba satellite a215-4747

Cool Need xp audio driver for toshiba satellite a215-4747

I recently purchased Toshiba Satellite A215-4747 laptop. It came with Vista. I re-installed XP ver 2002 SP2 on it. Many drivers were missing.
    When i look in the Device Manager.
    ? Ethernet controller
    ? Ethernet controller
    ? Mass storage controller
    ? PCI device
    ? SM bus controller
    ? video controller (VGA compatible)

I went on Toshiba web page http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...su_sc_home.jsp and installed Realtek lan driver, that allowed me to go online. I dunt know wat sound card i have i think its Realtek also, i am unable to figure out which audio driver to download.

I called Toshiba, and they said i should not have re-installed Xp on this laptop and that they do not have a audio driver to support xp on this laptop. I already installed realtek audio driver which made my system crashed. So i had to re-install xp again. Please can someone figure out which audio driver is compatible ?

Are they not available on This Page?
    AMD AM2 5600+ Arctic Cooling Freezer 64Pro Asus M2N 2gb Corsair XMS2 250gb SATA Seagate Barracuda XFX GTX260 Core 216 LeadTek PVR2000 Capture Card CoolerMaster Centurian 5 case Corsair VX550 PSU 19' DCL LCD Vista Home Premium 64

Folding@Home Stats Join the Team

- Thread moved.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

"I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by edhe62
    Are they not available on This Page?
    These are the drivers for Vista I am looking for XP. thx

I just want my audio to work in xp. The unknown devices im not worried about at this moment.
    I downloaded what seems to be the latest version of Realtek audio driver for XP http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/ac97.html but after installing the file which was like 17MB. I should have known no driver is that huge. It had some extra sound effect softwares and what not. In the end it does not work.

Hmm went to realtek website got a contact email address * pctech@realtek.com.tw . gone email and see what they say.......
    Last edited by midniter; August 29th, 2007 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by midniter
    ... I dunt know wat sound card i have i think its Realtek also, i am unable to figure out which audio driver to download...
    Use the links provided above to identify the audio chip.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Unknown Device Idntifier shows:

-Audio Codecs
    Driver Vender: microsoft
    PnpID: ms_mmacm
    -Legacy Audio Drivers
    Driver Vender: Microsoft
    PnpID: ms_mmdrv

At the moment i have this http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/ac97.html Realtek Audio driver installed, maybe this identifier is reporting those codecs, im not sure. I called Toshiba and the rep could only tell me the sound card was Realtek, and not the model # or any other info. thx guys for ur help. i really appreciate this.....

Remove the non-functioning audio chip driver,
    Then try the instructions via the first link.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Talking

Thx Shinma for ur help ... ... I downloaded some driver named wdm_r174.exe... dunoo what website i got it from since i have been to a lot recently. My sound works now. thank God. But in yahoo chat room i get this message before the audio initiates..."audio mixer failed to initialize"... i duno what it does but... i can hear and speak to people, which is wat i wanted...

If anyone have the same prob... email me shat_ster007@yahoo.com and i will send u the driver

now i have a different problem ( hahaha )

i bought logitech microphone headset...model 981000...which does not work with this audio driver i think... any thoughts on that my friends ?

The audio chip is responsible for the microphone function as well so
    Until you install a compatible audio chip driver, it will not function correctly.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thread Information