Fatal1ty Series XFX Cards
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Fatal1ty Series XFX Cards

Fatal1ty Series XFX Cards

Hi, I am saving up to buy one of these cards as I have a Fatal1ty sound card so thought the graphics card would go nicely together with it hee hee

My questions is there is a 7600 card and a 8600 card. The 8600 says its Direct X 10, but I just wanted to know if the 7600 is too? The 8600 is about 30 more and I'm on a tight budget, so the 7600 would be good for me at the lower price, but I'd rather have the best card, if someone could let me know the Direct X difference, thanks

The 7XXX series cards supports only DX9. Go for the Fatal1ty 8600GT or better yet scrounge up some more and get any 8800GTS 320MB by hook or by crook.
    "Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!"
    Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

The 8600GT is comparatively crummy. It's 8800GTS or bust in my opinion

The thing is I want a Fatal1ty card thou, not the other ones, and I do most of my gaming on the playstation, the only thing I need a good graphics card for on the PC is movies/dvds and a few games like Half-Life, which run over the internet on steam and stuff...

I love the Fatal1ty products, so I thought I'd get the graphics card too as I will have the sound card, cpu cooler, motherboard...

Ahhhh... I see. In that case the 8600GT will be good enough.

Remember always to:
    Stay cool.
    "Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!"

This is just a commercial rip-off action, just buy a usual 7600GT or 8600GT and they will perform the same. You're only paying more for the name Fatal1ty on it, which is actually worthless

Well, I would disagree with that. To be fair, It is an overclocked GT close to GTS specs in addition of a passive heatsink cooler. Just make sure that you have a good casing PrinceOfPersia.

Sure, the Fatal1ty 8600GT may not be everyone's cup of tea but I have to say it is unique and worthy buy for a discerning enthusiast. 10 years from now it could be a collector's item.

Good casing... :S I just bought a new case! I hope its good and not just looks good :S I opened up the box last night after work, it has a side panel with an 80mm Green LED fan, which I will replace with my Green LED Silenx 80mm fan, after I get some air duster. Also it has space for a 120mm fan at the front, which I'll need to buy and I will put in my 120mm Silenx fan in the back, again once I have air duster... I thought with all the 120mm fans the airflow should be sufficient? My PSU has a 120mm fan underneath it too...

Yes. That should be enough. Any pics or links of the casing you bought?

Thread Information