Any Photoshop techies out there?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Any Photoshop techies out there?

Any Photoshop techies out there?

I took these pics of my mates children and wanted to give them to him as a gift, however I have now become stuck as I wanted to change the backgrounds. Does anybody have a suggestion for either Paint shop or Photoshop. A simple step by step guide might help me I suppose, so if you know of a link then please send it on.
    Cheers

AMD 64 Dual Core
    Asus M2A-VM
    2 Gig DDR 400
    XFX6600gt
    500w PSU
    O/S Win 7

Computers aint clever. They just think they are.

Provided I understood your question correctly,
    If using Jasc PaintShop,
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thanks for that Shinma, I will have to spend a bit more time on that side of things I guess, although if it had been outside I would not have worried too much about the background.
    AMD 64 Dual Core
    Asus M2A-VM
    2 Gig DDR 400
    XFX6600gt
    500w PSU
    O/S Win 7

Computers aint clever. They just think they are.

Hi

Close-Cutting a headshot without making hair look like an inverted plastic salad bowl is seriously tough. Assuming you know a little about photoshop, here's a quickie way to simulate it...

1) Use the lasso or draw bezier line roughly around the kids. If using bezier, convert the line to a selection.

2) Feather the selection by a good amount. try to get the equivalent of about .25 inches so if your image is at 300dpi, feather at 80. That will give a soft, fuzzy cut

3) Inverse the selection and delete. OR copy the selection and paste it into a new layer

4) put the new background on another layer behind the trimmed pix. If your new background has similar tones it should look ok

Thread Information