I just got a stereo that can use a USB cable connection. The only USB cable I have is one that came with an old Canon Scanner I have. The USB cable(2.0) has a round cylinder compartment that I can't open on the end of it. The Scanner that it came from had it's own power supply. Is this thing on the USB cord a fuse or some kind of voltage converter?