Microsoft Extendeds all XBOX360 warranties to 3 years!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Microsoft Extendeds all XBOX360 warranties to 3 years!

Microsoft Extendeds all XBOX360 warranties to 3 years!

looks like they figured out what the hell is wrong with these things. even though the warranty only applies to a specific error, it seems to be the #1 problem most people are having. good to see a stand-up pc company reaching out to all sections of its customers. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/petermooreletter.htm

I had the RROD issue, but honestly, the way MS handled it in the first place was good enough for me. There's no telling what this will cost MS, but it's good to see they are making things right. I wonder what the exact fix is? I've seen pictures of bigger HSFs on both the CPU and GPU (even has a heatpipe), but nothing solid about the absolute fix. Either way, my 360 is covered!
    Give what you cannot keep to gain what you cannot lose.

from what i gathered in another forum, this warranty is only for the red light issue, and M$ estimates this 'recall' (basically what it is) could cost in excess of 1 billion!! not sure if that is a good estimate or not, but the they did say the fix includes a new heatsink and other small items to improve cooling. also, this issue is not so much an issue in the newer xbox's because they have switched to smaller die chips- so less heat by default.

in any case, microsoft is once again flashin those big kahunas of theirs and standing up for what is right for the consumer. and once again, all of these M$ haters have got to be feeling really stupid since their 'evil company' is taking the high road yet another time. people complain that the systems shouldnt have been faulty in the first place, but i think its obvious this wasnt anything intentional. i ask them, 'what did sony do when ps1's all failed on them in the first year?'

Yeah, I see the haters saying the same thing. MS is making it right, what else can they can do?
    Give what you cannot keep to gain what you cannot lose.

Thread Information