I have a DVD problem
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: I have a DVD problem

DVD burner problems please help

I recently puchased a SAMSUNG 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner With LightScribe.. and i connected it with the SATA connectors and it works.... somewhat. .. it burns and reads CD-r's great ,but it does not read or burn DVDr's at all. .. i also have a dvd reader and another dvd burner.. both IDE...and both have been working fine and still does.. i'm having trouble fixing this problem.. please if anyone can help it would great.. love the site by the way.. thank you very much

I have a DVD problem

I recently puchased a SAMSUNG 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner With LightScribe.. and i connected it with the SATA connectors and it works.... somewhat. .. it burns and reads CD-r's great ,but it does not read or burn DVDr's at all. .. i also have a dvd reader and another dvd burner.. both IDE...and both have been working fine and still does. i have updated my bios and drivers for everything..including the samsung DVD burnerand i'm still having trouble fixing this problem.. please if anyone can help it would great.. love the site by the way.. thank you very much

Initial suspicion would be a defective drive.
    Contact vendor for RMA/exchange.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thread Information