Slippery mouse pads?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Slippery mouse pads?

Hybrid View

Slippery mouse pads?

I'm looking for suggestions for a new mouse pad. I generally like the hard slippery ones. I'm using a CyberSnipa aluminium one now, but it only took about 6 weeks before the surface started to wear off in the middle -- it's slippery on the edges but sticks if I move the mouse in.

I've seen good things about the Ulti-mat, but it's not available down here yet and I'm worried it'll do the same.

Other than that, any suggestions?
    Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.

yes! i had a thread about one single mousemat before. i bought it at compusa for like $8. by far the best mousepad ive ever used, and its a hard-type surface like youre sayin. http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...light=mousepad

Cool, thanks. Looks good, and it's way cheaper than the Ulti-mat. I'll get a couple sent to meet me when I'm over there soon and see how it goes when I get home.

just_get_the_black one there is a huge difference. the blue is like of of those placemats you used to make in 2nd grade, its pretty lame. something to keep in mind though, its probably best if you have a laser mouse. some optical mice dont seem to quite like it fully, although i have one logitech optical mouse that works perfect on it.

Last edited by krupted; March 5th, 2007 at 02:59 PM.

You're right krupted, this thing is awesome. Now I just gotta hope that it lasts longer than the Cyber Snipa.

well ive had mine for 6 months now, and that is a heavy use 6 months because ive been off work. dont play with it once down. i would play with the edges, picking at them, and now the bottom left corner is bubbled up a little, and doesnt stick to the desk anymore. a little two-sided tape would do the trick but its not a big deal. the surface is still just as good when i got it, im still just as impressed with it as when i bought it.

just an update- i stopped at the local compusa today when getting the papers for my new job (finally), and they had new handstand mats in! theyre the same pad, but they updated the packaging, dropped the price by $1 to $7!, and had a whole rack full of them. they must be selling well! i picked up two... two great pads for less then most 'quality' ones. i still stand by original statement, 'best mousepad ever!'

ugh. i hate trackball/laser mice so much. i am a track ball fan by far. so much less real estate required... i must be one of the few though, as they aren't nearly as prevelant as "the others".
    Compy 1 (Brand New as of 2/7/07):
    P5N32-E SLI w/ C2D E6600 at stock (for now)
    Zalman CNPS9700 cooler
    2GB Corsair DDR2800 @ 5-5-5-15 @1.9v
    1x EVGA 8800GTX (stock)
    1 150GB Raptor+ 250GB WD Internal SATA's
    250GB WD Backup Drive
    2x Plextor DVD burners, IDE
    2x Plextor DVD burners, SATA
    Audigy2 w/ Klipsch 2.1's
    Black Silverstone TJ-07
    PC P&C 510W SLI PSU
    Dell 30" LCD

Strongbad e-mail

i admit the trackball on my pearl phone is great. i could probably get used to the mice too, but i dont see much reason to when everyone uses traditional mice. same goes with games, i like the xbox controllers on pc's because everything stays fairly standard.

Thread Information