TNT (V550) problem with Quake II...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: TNT (V550) problem with Quake II...

TNT (V550) problem with Quake II...

Hi!
    I want to buy a TNT based card for a K6 2 333 MHz system on Gigabyte 586 SG (SIS 5591 chipset). At the Moment the Matrox Produktiva AGP runs fine in the AGP slot, and a friend runs the V 550 in the same system. But he reall ycannot run Quake II and some other games in open gl. Why doesnt his Viper 550 work with open gl? Is it cause of the drivers (he says he has the newest ones) or is it incompatibel with the board/chipset?

Thanks for replies!

Is he using the detonator drivers? I haven't had any problems with the proper Diamond drivers, either the new 255 ones or the 'out of the box' 239 drivers, but when I tested the detonator drivers opengl games stopped working.

I have do agree with BombJack
    A problem exists when you try using other drivers, just to get a little more performance from your card. Some people say that the Diamond drivers are poor, but I have had no problems with them at all, and so far haven't had a single lock-up or system crash.
    If you are using the Diamond drivers, does the game work using copmatability mode?
    I have to use this to get the best performance from Q2, and even though you have to change the settings every time you start the game. The performance is really very good

i'm having the same prob. as SHARPskin with q2 and also problems with GL quake1 although i have a v330, but i dont understand how to go to compatibility mode or anything ( video card newbie ). any suggestions though on how i can get GL mode to work? ( i have the latest Diamond drivers, but should i try to get the latest nvidia ones? ) thx

i'm having the same prob. as SHARPskin with q2 and also problems with GL quake1 although i have a v330, but i dont understand how to go to compatibility mode or anything ( video card newbie ). any suggestions though on how i can get GL mode to work? ( i have the latest Diamond drivers, but should i try to get the latest nvidia ones? ) thx

You can never go wrong with the latest drivers.... Also if you've been playing with any riva settings you might wanna try setting them back to default.
    -------------------------
    if you cant solve a problem, eliminate it altogether

-cin

Thread Information