Asustek AGP-V3400TNT vs SCSI card conflict
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Asustek AGP-V3400TNT vs SCSI card conflict

Asustek AGP-V3400TNT vs SCSI card conflict

I just tried to install a RIva TNT AGP card with no luck. I can't get it and my Adaptec 1542CF ISA SCSI Controller card to play nice together. It seems whenever the two are together, my SCSI card goes into hiding and refuses to be seen by my Motherboard during POST. My motherboard is a Gainward 5VPA Socket 7 AGP Pentium motheboard. I have checked for IRQ and DMA conflicts, and doesn't seem to have any. The SCSI Controller has an IRQ of 10 and DMA channel of 5, and the AGP card has an IRQ of 15. I have tried both Gainward's and Asustek'
    s support lines with no luck. I am unable to get into Windows 95 or DOS due to no boot drive available. If anyone has any suggestions or has run into a similar problems, could you give me some insight? I don't know if because they are both Bus Mastering Controllers if that is causing the conflict or not.

Thanks

It may have a memory address range conflict. Try the scsi card in all of your slots and see if that helps.

Sometimes I wonder...

Does changing the slot change the memory address?

Usually, changing the slot will change memory address ranges, IRQ's etc. It fixes alot of these kinda probs. Have you tried to see if it does it with just the TNT and the SCSI card in the system?

I would have just the TNT and SCSI in the system and try every pci slot until the mother board see's it. If it doesnt, look to see if there is a flash update for your mother board. I have seen these problems before, and 8 times out of 10 it requires a mother board change (if moving it around in PCI slots doesnt work), due to incompatable hardware, to get all the cards to work with each other.

[This message has been edited by collinj (edited 04-07-99).]
    Sometimes I wonder...

With this board, I only have two ISA Slots. The SCSI controller is an ISA Legacy card, and the RivaTNT card is an AGP card, I have not tried it with just the TNT and SCSI yet. I'll have to try that tomorrow. Thanks for the help you've given me so far, didn't expect a reply so fast.

Thread Information