550 cooling
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: 550 cooling

550 cooling

Any one got a peltier on there vid.card?Just wanna check to see if its worth it or not>
    SalaTar Admin. of
    www.mrcs.net
    Home of The Free Linux Box

I have a twin fan voodoo cooler from 3dfxcool on my v550 and its overclocked to 110/125 and is cool to the touch so i dont think it really worth it just go for a high quality fan.

------------------
    The Rifter
    The Rifter

In short: no it's not worth it. If you've only got a heatsink, stick a 486 fan on top. If you can't spare the PCI slot or you want better cooling, get that Tennmax stealth cooler. And get back to playing games and stop trying to overclock another 0.3fps out of your computer

Thanx all its not that im trying to get more out of my card its got a 486 fan on it.Its the fact i cant put my case on due to the heat in computer.My temp in atx case is to hot for my taste and it seems no matter how i try to cool its still to hot.trying to get it cooler is kinda a pain,power fan is reversed,got a big fan inside front,486 on 550,and one 486 facing out at top of case.My case seems to always be hot even at non overclocked speed.looking into a peltier for cpu.I hear the good ones like step therm dont make to much more heat than standard ones.Anyway my case is still off and i dont like it!

------------------
    SalaTar Admin. of
    www.mrcs.net
    Home of The Free Linux Box

Thread Information