XP Drivers for Toshiba Laptop - Page 12
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: XP Drivers for Toshiba Laptop

Well im sorry if this is the wrong Thread but hope its not...
    I am looking into getting the Toshiba Sat A135-S7403 and am scared about finding drivers when i down grade back to XP home.. will i have issues?
    Last edited by GypsyPixie; November 20th, 2007 at 12:05 PM.

Is you Toshiba a USA model?

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyPixie
    Well im sorry if this is the wrong Thread but hope its not...
    I am looking into getting the Toshiba Sat A135-S7403 and am scared about finding drivers when i down grade back to XP home.. will i have issues?
    I could not find the S7403 model on Toshiba's USA download page. What are the specs? Pocessor/vid-chipset/etc? That will give you an idea how hard it will be to find the drivers.

well this is what it says are the specs. I am sure you need more specific, and i went to toshiba also before posting here and found nothing.
    thats why im a little leary of getting this notebook.
    but the price is going to be
    $229 + a canon printer on friday

Intel« Celeron« M processor 530,
    512MB DDR2 SDRAM,
    80GB hard drive and high-speed wireless LAN
    Windows Vista Home Basic,
    double-layer DVD▒RW/CD-RW drive,
    15.4" TruBrite widescreen,
    Intel« Graphics Media Accelerator 950,
    CD/DVD media controls and 5-in-1 bridge media adapter

Celeron is stone.. would be unbearable with Vista....

Just my opinion, but it would be slow with just about any operating system. Most of the drivers should be around though. I checked on the 950 for XP and they did make that. But any computer with a Celeron and 512 ram would not be fast. Are there any other deals? On like a dual core or an AMD Turion? Even a Sempron 3500 (only if it has 512 cache) would not be terrible with a gig of ram. RAM is relatively cheap on Ebay.

No matter what it will not be easy or switch to XP (unless you have some experience).. But the drivers should be around either on Toshiba USA or Toshiba UK. If the Celeron has 1 mb of cache it MIGHT be bearable.
    If you buy on price alone you might end up disappointed.
    (the above is my own opinion:-)

Good Luck!

Thanks Drop i really appriciate your opinion. thats why i came here and asked before buying LOL

Quote Originally Posted by vagneerrock007
    Hi friends, after very work and with the help of this fˇrum, I obtained to install all drivers of the Notebook Satellite A135-S2266...

Links :

Universal Audio Architecture
    http://downloadmirror.intel.com/df-s...97/eng/UAA.zip

Drivers for Windows Xp
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ad1w2o9gz9g

I find myself with the same toshiba model a135-s2266 and cannot locate most of the XP drivers. I found the video and nic, but still need the sound, wireless and modem drivers. The links posted above don't work, so if anyone can help, please contact me < Spam harvest prevention. Email removed. - Moderator >

thankssssssssss

hello my friends

Quote Originally Posted by DropVista
    Hi All,
    I think I found a source for drivers for an XP UPGRADE on a Toshiba laptop.. from Toshiba! After months of "data mining" using keywords and my model # which is a Satellite A135 S4677. I found various requests on forums for XP drivers I never found anything but requests for drivers... some successes but no one seemed to have found a single source.

I did find a year old article about my model from an old European tech magazine. So then my search switched to looking for the model on the Great Britain Toshiba site. No luck by my model # so after a few weeks surfing Toshiba GB forums I decided to take a different track. In the search function I entered my processor model # Which is a T2080.

Several old and current models showed up so I matched the equipment listed with that of my model. Bingo... found an almost exact match, at least for what they listed. Mine has a 1.73ghz Pentium, 80gig HD, 15.4 screen, and Intel GMA Graphics 950. So did a Toshiba Satellite Pro A200-18P on the site. The model # PSAE1E-01C008EN is different than mine which is a PSAD0U. But the rest of all the specs is the same.

Checking the download section (on Toshiba site) http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.c...rvice=UK&from= and under Support & Download/Download Files menu I entered the model and model number of the English model that matched mine and I found the Vista and the XP drivers for that model! Including the Toshiba Flash card feature for XP. Most of the other stuff seemed to be there also!

The only thing that did now seem to match the U.S. Vista equipped model (mine) was the last Vista Bios date. I have not tried any of them yet but if you want a chance at an actual Toshiba source do a search on their site for your exact processor model and then compare it's features (particularly graphics adapter) to your's. It should give you several results then just compare them to your Toshiba.

So now I am curious if the XP bios update on the GB site would work because I found out from the polite but unhelpful Toshiba folks, that the screen brightness problem many seem to be having in their UPGRADE to XP, is a Bios controlled feature... not a device driver at all. Other than that I think I might have found the source for the exact drivers for the devices on Toshiba laptops as made by Toshiba.

If I get time this weekend and a new hard drive (I will keep my old with Vista on it for warranty purposes) I am going to try some of these drivers. Good luck to anyone else who tries and post to let us know if it worked for you!

Cheers!
    DropVista
    Please am also having promble with my toshiba satellite A135-S4677,is XP and Vista but the XP side is not working so am trying to their drivers for thatso please do will to help me, they are
    Ethernet Controller
    Mass Storage
    PCI Device
    SM Bus Controller
    Video Controller
    please please try and help coz am dieing of this thank you

xp drivers for toshiba laptop

Welll, hello everyone. As you can imagine, I'm in the exact same boat than the rest. I'm trying to downgrade my toshiba laptop from Vista to XP, and I'm looking for the drivers. I was able to use some of the drivers posted here for older models, but can't find the sound drivers for my model, which is A205 S4577. That worst part is that toshiba europe doesn't even has this model listed.

Any help on drivers for this will be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by hipo
    ... A205 S4577...
    A search on the net has that notebook associated with the Realtek ALC268 audio chip.
    You can check to see if the generic Realtek ALC268 drivers work.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

A135-S7403 Drivers for those searching

Hello,
    I did some minor searching to see if anyone else had attempted or accomplished what I have before even downgrading this machine from vista to XP. Now I've done it, I've aquired all of the necessary drivers to get the machine up and going by looking up the hardware ID's and grabbing drivers, I want to share it with others as other people have done this for me for other machines i've downgraded for people in the past. Here's the drivers you will need:

Atheros Wireless: xp32-5.3.0.56-whql.zip
    Toshiba Hotkey Utility: hotkey_util_24597A.exe
    Intel 945 Express Chipset Family Video Driver: win2k_xp14311.exe
    Intel Celeron M Processor Identification Utility: pidenu15.msi
    Intel Chipset INF Driver Package: infinst_autol.exe
    Realtek High Definition Audio: WDM_R182.exe
    Realtek RTL8101 Gigabit Ethernet LAN: xp3264_v5.678.1003.2007.zip

ALL OF THESE DRIVERS CAN BE FOUND ARCHIVED ON MY SERVER HERE:
    http://www.ehkz.com/mirror/Toshiba_A135-S7403/

TOSHIBA Software Modem will be detected as Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus and the driver can be updated by using Windows Update. Also, the Mass Storage Controller (The SD Card Slot) can be obtained by doing a windows update.

Hope this helps people that find this page by google searching, as I have.

-Yoyoucool3 (Brent)
    Wisconsin, USA

* Post reverted back to original as per yoyoucool3's wish.
    Alternative links to individual drivers removed and posted separately.

Talking Dood, you rule!!!

Thanks, mad props!! I will need this for someone who stood in line all night for one of these, and even tho it will get 2 Gb of RAM from Newegg, I'm guessing I will be "down" grading him to XP. Some reviewer said about this machine and visduh "****s dead snakes through rusty tailpipes." http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...es/biggrin.gif

Some Toshiba notebook drivers available at the following link,
    Click HERE

Toshiba Europe,
    Click HERE

"I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinma
    Some Toshiba notebook drivers available at the following link,
    Click HERE

Toshiba Europe,
    Click HERE

As a note one the Toshiba Europe driver list's they also have the instructions for which order to load the drivers in. For example my US modal is an S35 A4677 but the closest match buy listed equipment is a satellite Pro A200 18P series.
    One of the downloads is an "Installation Instructions " " Please use the list as the recommended Software and Driver installation order."
    Listed Equip: Intel T2080 Processor, Intel Video 950 (mine is an Intel 945)
    The installation order instructions are in this file: install-20070924111751.zip
    on their site.

Hope this helps someone as I saw other posts where people had what seemed to be the right drivers but had problems. Maybe the install order list will be usefull. ??

Hopefully this will make it go smoother. The instructions

Quote Originally Posted by DropVista

So now I am curious if the XP bios update on the GB site would work because I found out from the polite but unhelpful Toshiba folks, that the screen brightness problem many seem to be having in their UPGRADE to XP, is a Bios controlled feature... not a device driver at all. Other than that I think I might have found the source for the exact drivers for the devices on Toshiba laptops as made by Toshiba.
    Hi DropVista,

Did you ever get up the nerve to update your laptop with the UK bios? I'm very curious to know because your idea seems to make the best sense. I'm still sorting through a few models to find the closest match to my A135-S2386. I'm pretty sure I'm going to give the bios update a go unless someone can convince me that it's a very bad idea.

Thread Information