XP Drivers for Toshiba Laptop
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: XP Drivers for Toshiba Laptop

XP Drivers for Toshiba Laptop

Hi all,

I just got a new Toshiba Satellite A135-S2306 Laptop that had Vista pre-installed. I can't stand Vista! I was one of the many beta testers that Microsoft didn't listen to. Anyways, my wireless connection kept dropping, I dug around and updated drivers but nothing made a difference. I finally lost all patience when I was writing a discussion for a college class and as I was sending the connection went bust and I lost an hours work.

Anyway, I re-upgraded back to XP and haven't been kicked once yet. Plus, all my programs work too! So, now I have a new problem, my ati card drivers won't work, they were designed for Vista. Does anyone know where I can find XP drivers for this system? Toshiba is not returning my calls.

Missing Drivers:

Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus
    SM Bus Controller
    Unknown Device (Looks like ACPI Controller)
    Unknown Device (Same)
    Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

Matt

NOTE: Number of posts moved into separate threads according to specific Toshiba/Satellite models.

you can go to the toshiba website, but I would run the system restore discs to get a fresh xp on there.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...su_sc_home.jsp

You can try the ATi Radeon Xpress 200M chipset drivers available at,
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

The system shipped with Vista Pre-Installed, so I used my own XP disk to revert back. But, for some reason I guess Toshiba doesn't want people to go backwards, no drivers that I can find.

As far as those ATI Drivers, I downloaded the exact file your link shows and it says the drivers aren't supported by my system.

This has me really stumped. Maybe Omega drivers? Or is there a auto detection service for ATI Chipsets?

Thanks!
    Matt

If model stated by you is correct,
    You can try the PC Wizard software to see if it identifies the chipset/components making up the laptop.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

PC Software Wizard? Through Windows? I did double check the numbers on Toshiba's site and doubled checked the bottom of the laptop. It is A135-S2306 with Graphics Chipset : Radeon® Xpress 200M. Still nothing.

I've been bumming around Toshiba's site for the better part of an hour and can't find an E-mail for Tech Support. Does anyone know if it exists?

Thanks again,
    Matt

PC Wizard download/link and other utilities is listed in Various DOWNLOADS thread, located in the General Forum.

Toshiba listed contact info.

Toll-free Technical Support

* Computers: (800) 457-7777
    * PDAs: (800) 949-7993
    * Projectors: (877) 523-8324

Also available is the Laptop Computing Forum on CompuServe. Though you will be required to set up a screen name, this service is free, and offers peer-based assistance with your Toshiba or other portable PC.

Online Technical Support through Ask Iris® Online

Sales Information: (800) TOSHIBA

Toshiba Financial Services: (800) 207-8362

Government and Education: 888-9-PUBLIC (782542)

Customer Service: (800) 457-7777

Address:
    Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc.
    Computer Systems Division
    9740 Irvine Boulevard
    Irvine, CA 92618-1697

Corporate Offices (949) 583-3000
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

toshiba doesnt seem to support XP atleast not in the US but if you look at toshiba-europe there satellite l30 uses the same chipset and the driver there seems to work fine

http://support.toshiba-tro.de/tools/...-xp-820300.zip

also for the

Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus

use http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...ngdgnj.0&ct=DL

Exclamation Vista SUKS

I have this same problem and I have played for a long time... I have found that MOST of these problems can be delt with by just simply going through and using the Toshiba Utility on your vista rescue disk and HAND PICKING what you install. I have every thing up and working and I stil have 4 exclamation points. the only real issue in performance is that it hangs up intermitantly while web surfing and then continues. I am thinking some sort of IRQ conflict? any help??? But all of the sound and video is for sure on that disk along with the wireless driver and ethernet and modem....
    Last edited by VistaResistor; March 2nd, 2007 at 05:16 AM.

A135 Hanging Issue

Hey, Vistaresistor...I am also having the 'hanging' problem on IE. I noticed it after installing the sound driver off the vista install cd. I reinstalled it and it seemed to clear for a little bit but now is back. It is extremely irritating. Reminds me of the 'dialup' days. Did you happen to find a fix?

My husband and I both backleveled our A135s since our work network doesn't support Vista yet. He went to W2k. I went to XP. His isn't hanging like mine.
    Last edited by v307753; March 6th, 2007 at 03:36 PM. Reason: wrong name for person I'm responding too

xp drivers for toshiba

Quote Originally Posted by VistaResistor
    I have this same problem and I have played for a long time... I have found that MOST of these problems can be delt with by just simply going through and using the Toshiba Utility on your vista rescue disk and HAND PICKING what you install. I have every thing up and working and I stil have 4 exclamation points. the only real issue in performance is that it hangs up intermitantly while web surfing and then continues. I am thinking some sort of IRQ conflict? any help??? But all of the sound and video is for sure on that disk along with the wireless driver and ethernet and modem....
    Please tell how and exactly which drivers you got for sound and video.
    I haven't been able to find this on the backup cd
    regards

ewave

Quote Originally Posted by jasinwa
    I am not having any hang problems, did not use drivers from Vista (although I'd love to get the 2 unknown acpi drivers fixed....still can't control my brightness with buttons.).

I am at work bu if interested, I could post a large zip on my site. I have a a135-s2246 (lower end model) but I trust the same drivers?
    please post...what is your site?

thanks
    ewave

Quote Originally Posted by ewave
    Please tell how and exactly which drivers you got for sound and video...
    Until VistaResistor gets back to you,
    You can try Groovy Mojo's suggestion of using the:

Video/Radeon Omega drivers.
    Available at the 3D Accelerator's website,
    Check out the following link:
    Click HERE

ATi 200M/Southbridge drivers,
    Click HERE

madcow007's suggestion of using Toshiba Satellite L30 drivers,
    Since it too has the ATi 200M chipset:

Video/ATi with chipset drivers,
    Click HERE

Realtek audio drivers,
    Click HERE

Hotkey utility,
    Click HERE

Realtek LAN,
    Click HERE

Atheros wireless LAN,
    Click HERE

Intel wireless LAN,
    Click HERE

"I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Found ATI and Audio driver, however not Wireless Driver

Guys,
    Thanks for your help the Omega drivers worked .now my ATI is ok, as well as the audio drivers;however, the wireless drivers can't find it.. any help.
    I went to toshiba http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t..._sc_modSel.jsp . I downloaded the drivers for wireless for Atheros Wireless LAN MiniPCI card Driver and istalled but it's dosen't work. I check and my wireless switch is ON.. Any help... is the only driver i have missing
    Thanks
    Alex

please let me know if you found the wireless driver... i have found all of them but not the wireless
    thank
    alex

Freeware application for unknown devices

Maybe this could be helpful... I found it while trying to find info on uninstalling Vista and installing XP instead.
    http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html
    Hope it helps, I havent tried it yet.

Anybody got the drivers for the other two unknown device working?

Thread Information