My Sansa Sandisk m250 won't delete my files - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Sansa Sandisk m250 won't delete my files

Yeah, if it's been that hard to deal with, I'd just return it. I recently purchased an Insignia 2GB player from Best Buy, and it's an impressive little player for the money. It plays videos and views pictures, and I've had no trouble setting it up with Windows Media Player and getting my music on it. I've had it for a few weeks now and I still don't need to charge it (not even close to running down, according to the battery gauge). I almost bought a Sansa, but went with this one instead.
    Give what you cannot keep to gain what you cannot lose.

I think Krupted may be onto the issue. I suspect it is a Digital Rights Management issue with the software she used to transfer the music to the Sansa.

If you are planning on taking it back, go ahead and try the Firmware update. If that doesn't fix the issue, try Formatting(default) the Sansa from within Windows and see if new music files will work.

i bought it from bestbuy and i'm using 'my computer to put the songs through!!!

i've tried to format it but my computer just wont let me do so!!!

well that just sounds odd then. if you just opened 'my computer' and threw the songs on directly, you should not have a problem erasing them the same way. how about this, go into 'my computer', click on your mp3 player's drive, select all of your songs and right-click your mouse to go into 'properties'. from there, uncheck the box that says 'read only' and OK that. then see if they delete.

Half the way between a PC screen and the scary real life...
    Hey, I own a Sansa player too (although a e200 series one).
    One thing is that when opening/browsing the player's content, the directories for pretty much everything appear as "Hidden". Can you actually access the files?
    Do you get an error message when trying to delete them?
    If I got it right, the player skips on files you tried to delete?
    Main rig: Athlon64 x2 4200+ | Asrock 939N68PV-GLAN | 4x512MB PC3200 | 120GB Seagate | Samsung DVDRW SH-S203D | VX550W PSU | WinXP Home SP3 / Ubuntu 7.10
    Headache generator: K6-2 500 | FIC VA503+ | 2x64MB PC133 | Voodoo 3 2000 PCI | SB32 ISA PnP | 15,2MB IBM | Xubuntu 8.04 / DeLiLinux 0.7.2
    Lappy: Compaq EVO N115 | Mobile Duron 1GHz | 384MB PC133 | VIA KM133 | Xubuntu 8.04
    A big thanks to MS's Vista for making me look into Linux distros!

thats actually right, the files that i've deleted at least about 4 or 5 files skip!!! not all the music files that i've deleted skip though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've tried everything that you guys have suggested for me to do, but it seems that nothing is working for me!!!! HELP !!!!

well we have suggested just about anything you could possibly do. if you are sure you have tried all recommendations, it probably is time to take the player back to the store as it seems defective.

thanks for all your help and assitance with my problem

i wish we could have found a solution. your best advantage has been patience, hopefully everything turns out ok.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeOnTheTree
    Yeah, if it's been that hard to deal with, I'd just return it. I recently purchased an Insignia 2GB player from Best Buy, and it's an impressive little player for the money. It plays videos and views pictures, and I've had no trouble setting it up with Windows Media Player and getting my music on it. I've had it for a few weeks now and I still don't need to charge it (not even close to running down, according to the battery gauge). I almost bought a Sansa, but went with this one instead.
    hey i was just wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to delete the pictures off of my insignia 2GB mp3 player.. i havent a clue how to if you can help would u please email me at [EDIT: E-mail address removed by moderator to keep you from getting spammed to death] thanks

Wink Rhapsody?

well i have the new sansa but do you have rhapsody?well i do and it lets me left click to deleate,then sometimes i have to press update,or sumthin or jes leave it in for a while but my new sansa keeps messing up to

jasmine sams!

Thread Information