My Sansa Sandisk m250 won't delete my files
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Sansa Sandisk m250 won't delete my files

Hybrid View

My sansa sandisk m250 won't delete my files

I've had my sansa sandisk m250 for about 2 weeks, and i set up to my computer and i tried to delete some of the files, and it just won't let me do so!! i'm not to sure whats wrong with it but i would also like some insight on this problem, i've tried everything to delete the files they just wont go away!! plus some of the music on my sansa sandisk m250 skips!! it never use to do this before!!!! please help someone!! thanks for your time !!

welcome to hwc. not too familiar how the m250 works, but i have been wanting to get one. what program do you use to put mp3's onto the player? is it software from sandisk? it sounds like the program you use isnt set to permanently delete the songs. post as much detail as you can about how you try to delete the songs, im sure we can figure this out for you.
    Last edited by krupted; January 5th, 2007 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by confusedgirl
    ... sansa sandisk m250 ... and i tried to delete some of the files, and it just won't let me do so!! ...
    Did try methods suggested/posted at Sansa?
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

actually that wasn't much help at all, i've tried deletein them through 'my computer' and through 'window media player' and everytime i unplug the player and turn it back on the music is all still there!! i don't know whats wrong with it! help please!!

Based on the link Shinma found, it sounds like your player is in "MTP" mode. See if you can figure out how to change it to "MSC" mode to delete the files through windows explorer.
    Give what you cannot keep to gain what you cannot lose.

thanks for the suggestion but that still didn't work!!!they music is still on my mp3 player!!!!! HELP

does anyone else have any suggestions to what is wrong with my mp3 player

What operating system are you using?

You could try formating the card.

Another suggestion would be to upgrade the Firmware of the player. (Information Here).

These actions should not be taken lightly if you do not understand the procedure or the implications.

What else you may try is creating Folders and moving some of the files into them. Try not to have more than 500Mb in the root drive or any given folder.
    Last edited by Leoslocks; January 6th, 2007 at 11:37 PM.

the operating system that i'm using is windows 2000! does that help at all !!

Quote Originally Posted by confusedgirl
    the operating system that i'm using is windows 2000! does that help at all !!
    It keeps me from asking dumb questions. Actually, it helps qualify or disqualify the product. The Sansa should work with Windows 2000.

Try creating folders and moving files into them.

yeah thanks but that still doesn't help me, they still won't delete!! this is getting on my nerves very fast!!!

ive done some searching. it seems there is a problem with this player and rhapsody music. can i bet you are using rhapsody to get your songs? it looks like you have to re-sync your mp3 player with rhapsody, then delete the songs from there. you cannot delete the songs directly from the mp3 player.

actually i'm not using rhaposdy to get my music, to tell u the truth i've never heard of rhaposdy!!! so i don't know what u are talking about

would i just be better off taking it back to the store and getting an exchange for it??? thats what i've been thinking lately!!!!!

well, maybe that is your best bet. where did you get it from? if its best buy, circuit city or compusa they should be able to help you out, hands-on.

im still thinking its something that youre just not doing quite right- what program are you using to put songs onto the player?

Thread Information