Toshiba Satellite A135-S2246
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Toshiba Satellite A135-S2246

Hi, Has anyone been able to verify the 2 missing 'unknown devices'? Here's what I found:

Checked with Unknown Device Identifer and the sw couldn't find it! When checking the 2 unknown devices, I find the device ID to be PNP0c32/1 and PNP0c32/2.

I googled PNP0c32 and found that it looks like it is a VISTA quick start (yea right, took almost 2+ minutes to load!!). Relates to the buttons...

Here are a few links....don't know if we can get em working in XP but at least we should be able to disable them under device usage and have a clear conscience!!

http://www.google.com/search?num=100...32&btnG=Search

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...b/HotStart.doc

If anyone found a way to get them to work properly, let me know!

It seems my functions keys don't work either....must be something to do with a tosh proggie...

I am not having any hang problems, did not use drivers from Vista (although I'd love to get the 2 unknown acpi drivers fixed....still can't control my brightness with buttons.).

I am at work bu if interested, I could post a large zip on my site. I have a a135-s2246 (lower end model) but I trust the same drivers?

I too have the a135-s2246.
    Lets all be sure to let Toshiba now how angry we are for selling a "Vista" only machine. "Vista" appears to be a move towards communism! This is America!, we must have choices!
    I would like to get help also with the drivers.

First, Thank You for the links! I also wanted to let everyone know that the Wireless will start working with updated XP drivers. My biggest problem is with the sound drivers! I'm hoping your RAR file will fix that. I'm re-doing an A135-S2246, but have found other units use similar hardware...but so far NOT the Sound Drivers. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by cashman03
    First, Thank You for the links! I also wanted to let everyone know that the Wireless will start working with updated XP drivers. My biggest problem is with the sound drivers! I'm hoping your RAR file will fix that. I'm re-doing an A135-S2246, but have found other units use similar hardware...but so far NOT the Sound Drivers. Thanks again
    Hi,
    probably you have Realtek sound and need their drivers.
    I put them here:
    realtek
    I really don't know about two last devices.
    You can try Driver Magician soft or something like that to check your computer.

A135-S2246 sound

I am having serious problems with my sound device on my 2246 toshiba when I switched to XP my sound device wont even recognize. None of the drivers listed here work for me if someone finds any other drivers please inform me.

Thread Information