SLI or Voodoo 3 ?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: SLI or Voodoo 3 ?

SLI or Voodoo 3 ?

I currently have a creative labs voodoo 2 12 mb card, I was wondering if it would be better to buy a voodoo3 3000 or buy another voodoo 2 and go SLI ?

Here are my specs

350 mhz Pentium II
    64 mb sdram
    ATI 4m rage pro AGP
    creative labs voodoo2 12mb
    Intel 440 bx motherboard

I have V2-SLI, 24Mb, with an ATI Rage Pro card, and I am looking forward to eliminating this crowded set-up with one V3-3000. Faster clock speed, larger RAMDAC, more features; yeah, the V3 will do nicely.
    Sounds like the cheapest route would be a second V2 card though, especially when the V3 hits the stores.
    With a P-II, you could also go with a TNT or TNT2 solution.

JCOS, JCOS, JCOS... Voodoo3 has already hit the stores - and it is really CRAP!

If you want to do anything get a Riva TNT2 card - this is where you get most value for your money. If you are in doubt try goto http://www.tomshardware.com or http://www.kachardware.dk - they have tests of both Voodoo3, TNT2, TNT, Voodoo2 and Voodoo2 SLI (both single and dual SLI-configurations).

Hope this can help you.

Fox Mulder

FoxMulder,

Now I may be having trouble getting the Voodoo3 in Canada, but I am almost certain the TNT2 isn't out yet at all.
    In any case, my first 'real' graphics card was the STB Velocity 4400 Riva TNT. When this proved too unstable to work in my system, I bought the Voodoo2, which was $100 cheaper than the TNT at the time.
    Having used both, I prefer the Voodoo2.
    Not trying to argue, just stating my opinion.

Thread Information