Problem installing NFS Carbon Demo..
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Problem installing NFS Carbon Demo..

Problem installing NFS Carbon Demo..

Hi Guys,

I recently downloaded the demo, and when I try to install it it gives me an error about 2 min in saying that I need an updated version of DirectX (it says that it needs DirectX 0 to install properly)....I'm assuming it means 10?? Is that even out yet.

I checked the system requirements and it mentioned DX9 compatible cards work ok. My specs are listed in my sig...

I downloaded it via torrent, is it possible that it's maybe corrupt or something? Is there an official download for it on EA's site?

Thanks,

jay
    Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2.25GHz | Asus K8V SE Deluxe | 1GB PC-3200 Kingston DDR | ATI Radeon X1600 256MB | 200GB Seagate Barracuda SATA | 40GB Western Digital External | Sound Blaster 5.1 with
    Inspire 5300s | Pioneer 106s 16x DVD | LG 16x Super Multi DVD-Writer Dual | Intel Gigabit LAN | Enermax 300Watt | 20.1" Viewsonic LCD 1600x1200 | Windows XP Pro SP2

My 1987 Ford Ranger

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...ibutable.shtml

You need the latest DirectX DLLs. Every month Microsoft releases an updated DirectX installer with some new DLLs.
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

create a shortcut to the exe file that runs the game. right click on the shortcut and go into properties and run it in windows 2000 compatibility.

Thread Information