Need for Speed Carbon
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Need for Speed Carbon

Need for Speed Carbon

http://www.ea.com/nfs/carbon/us/index.jsp

is this the official nfs10? or is it just an in-between special edition?

It's the next installment in the series, so a "proper" NFS title, I guess.

Saw some screenshots earlier this week that were pretty awful; perhaps they weren't from the XB360/PS3/PC version, but the trailer doesn't look too hot either. Maybe this means they've stopped tarting up the game engine in favour of getting the gameplay right? Fingers crossed!
    Opteron 144@2.8GHz (stock HS/fan), Asus A8N-SLI SE (passive NB), 1.5GB RAM (2:3:2:5, 2T), WD Raptor 740GD 74GB, Maxtor DM10 300GB, Asus EN7600GT SILENT@???, M-Audio Revo 7.1, Nebula DigiTV, Dell 2005FPW, Enermax 431W Active.

yeah it looks just like most wanted without the yellow tinge.

Demo Out

http://pcgames.gwn.com/downloads/file.php/id/7098/

get it while its hot.

im running an opty 165 @ 2.45, 2gb pc3200@205mhz, and 7800gt @ 463/1.13mem and its HORRIBLY slow at max settings. somewhere around 10fps. even when i sever the eyecandy to medium i dont seem to go much above mid 20's.

thing is, its absolutely smooth! this was a great excitement for me, there were no hiccups whatsoever even with the horrible fps. its actually playable at low fps.

the xbox360 controller works automatically right by default, so have it plugged in before you start the game and it works just like the console! finally. its great to see most games natively support this controller now, its just like having a console but with much better visuals.

that all said, it doesnt seem to offer much of anything. it looks nice, runs extremely nice if you have the power, but its still the same old nfs. probably will be good but not great, wait for it to go on discount sale.

Thread Information