Want To Buy A PS3? How Long Until You Can Afford It? - Page 4
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Want To Buy A PS3? How Long Until You Can Afford It?

Anybody run up to wal-mart and play one of these things yet?

So far by what I've seen (Screenshots) it looks like the games released on it have graphics equivalent to the XB360.

If it stays that way, a system capable of so much will fall. Though it is the cheapest Blu-ray player. So those people who just HAVE to have blu-ray this very moment will get em.
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

the games will always look similar between the ps3 and the 360. they arent much different in terms of real-world horsepower. the ps3 technically is more capable, but the video card inside will never be able to take full advantage of the processor. also, the ps3 is more memory-limited.

and in any case, the games that are made for both platforms will look the same by default. much like console games that are ported to pc's, the developers usually just get them to work and not worry about adjusting the graphics accordingly.

the ps3 is a much better movie player from what i hear, so that could sway a decision. to me though, pc's are for high-end graphic games and FPS'ers. the wii is for everything else that isnt optimal with just a mouse and keyboard.

dont take it as blu-ray costs $1000 to make. i would give the markup on the bluray drives say oh, a million percent give or take to me, even the $200 hd-dvd drive for the xbox is still entirely too much. it wont be long before its the most expensive hd-dvd drive...

I got a PS3 when it came out and then I resold it on Ebay

With the extra money (it went for $1260 +shipping), I bought myself a Wii with an extra controller and zelda

With with the cost of the PS3 and the Wii, I was still able to make a profit. People are crazy spending that much monies on a game system! haha

People want the latest now and dont want to wait untill the price drops.
    Intel Q6600 | Asus P5K SE | 4 GB DDR2 800 | 500GB Seagate SATA | 250GB Seagate SATA | 18x Pioneer SATA DVD-RW | 1 GB Geforce GTX 650 Ti | Logitech Keyboard & Mouse | 650 Watt Cooler Master PSU | Benq 22" LCD

Learn How to Join our Folding@Home Team - Detailed Folding@Home Stats

That's what I should do, spend my money on getting a Wii and resell it. Then buy one (Or two) later
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

I've seen the same game on the xbox 360 and ps3 and I would have to say the 360 looks slightly better than the ps3.
    CPU: Athlon X2 7850 Blackbox edition o/c'd to 3400mhz
    Motherboard: Asus M2N68-AM SE2
    Memory: 4gb Kingston KVR RAM
    Video: BFG Geforce gtx 260 oc v2
    Hard Drives: 1TB Barracuda 7200.12, 500GB WD, 320GB WD, 320GB WD 250GB WD, 250GB Seagate
    Case: APEVIA X-CRUISER-BK Black Steel case
    Power Supply: OCZ 700W StealthXStream Power Supply
    Optical: 22x LG DVD R/W

It seems that Sony has irritated the wrong people, Software Developers.

Leading Game Programmer Does Not Want to Transit to DX10
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmack
    The lead programmer of id Software called Xbox 360’s more direct approach “refreshing” and even praised Microsoft’s development environment “as easily the best of any of the consoles, thanks to the company's background as a software provider”.
    Gabe Newell Condemns PlayStation 3,
    “The PS3 is a total disaster on so many levels, I think. It’s really clear that Sony lost track of what customers and what developers wanted. I’d say, even at this late date, they should just cancel it and do a ‘do over’. Just say, ‘This was a horrible disaster and we’re sorry and we’re going to stop selling this and stop trying to convince people to develop for it’,” Mr. Newell is reported to have said in an interview with Game Informer Magazine.

Thread Information