Want To Buy A PS3? How Long Until You Can Afford It? - Page 3
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Want To Buy A PS3? How Long Until You Can Afford It?

the next one in line just sold for $5,100.01. this is rediculous. noteably though, the 5k one was bid by a zero-feedback buyer. probably fake

a legit buyer just closed on one for $4,330. im feeling sick now, im going to go outside and enjoy the fresh, costless air

I just don't understand people's desire to have something that badly. I mean, it's just a console. It'd be one thing if these were always going to rare, but in 6 months you will be able to buy one for $600. We don't even know how reliable this first batch is going to be. We know that the BluRay laser was a big cause for the delay. I sure hope the drives that are out there hold up!
    Give what you cannot keep to gain what you cannot lose.

i agree completely. but thats really not the point, if anyone wanted to stand outside for 13 hours with those dopes they could have easily made 3-5 grand for just standing there. i knew this would happen, and i never had an intention to wait in line, but damn it still hurts.

it is stupid though. i knew a guy who waited 15 hours or so outside in the freezing cold for an xbox360. he got to play it for about two weeks before it froze up and wouldnt reset. his replacement box the ms was supposed to send overnight didnt reach him for two more weeks. all in all, by the time he got a good working machine, ms was already shipping the next batch and the supply was starting to saturate. i told him then that he could make $600-1k on that system on the day he bought it, but no, it was too cool to sell

Well, apparently people were beating and shooting each other for PS3s yesterday.

i read that too. the shootings i think were just a couple of ***** *** teenagers looking for money. they knew people has a lot on them if they were standing in line for a ps3. problem is, how many of them had 1k in cash on them?

Yeah, believe it or not, credit cards and checkbooks are new to some people. I'm doing well if I have $40 in my wallet anymore. Even McDonalds takes credit these days. Talk about a paperless society!

www.smashmyps3.com

Looks like these guys are back (remember their xbox 360?)

hahaha! that was classic. i love how it truly pissed off some people. hopefully the extended version will show some kids crying

Yeah, believe it or not, credit cards and checkbooks are new to some people. I'm doing well if I have $40 in my wallet anymore. Even McDonalds takes credit these days. Talk about a paperless society!
    damn, i like to carry at least a bill on me if i can. cash is king, and it also helps you save so much. no interest plus you save all change rounded off the dollar. it seems every year i make a 200 to 400 dollar cash in from change.

I don't carry a balance on my credit cards. Never have, hopefully never will. I'm the atypical American who is not wracked with debt. As for your change jar, you do know that money was yours the whole time, right? I do have a penny jar, but it has a ways to go....

well the ps3 is back down to closing at around 1k. lol, wait two days and save 2 thousand dollars. those who paid over 2-3k for a ps3 should just wear a hammer for their head because theyre TOOLS

This is kinda what I was getting at before. Even in Japan the auctions weren't that successful. People were saying that it was "worth it" to camp out all night to sell their PS3 for $5000, but what about when these things start selling for $700-800? I guess it's still profit, but...

ya but a couple thousand tax free is not chump change...i'd do it if i didn't have a real job
    IWill KK266+/TBird 1.4ghz/512 mb pc133/Maxtor 40 gb 7200/Seagate 80 gb 7200/Ati Radeon 9250/Voodoodie 2000 pci on 17, 17, & 15" monitors/
    Windows 2000

Toshiba Satellite A75-S211 [3.2 ghz p4, 80 gb, 768 ram, dvd burner, usb2 300 gig maxtor, el cheapo usb2 DL dvd burner
    Windows XP Home SP2

Except now they seem to be selling for about $1000 already. Looking right now, a 20GB model sold for $870 from a 98.2% seller on ebay.

yeah, if you wanted to make any money on the ps3 you had to sell in on launch day. i wonder if the biddings will go back up right before christmas...

Thread Information