Want To Buy A PS3? How Long Until You Can Afford It?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Want To Buy A PS3? How Long Until You Can Afford It?

Question Want To Buy A PS3? How Long Until You Can Afford It?

I'm broke as can be right now, never owned a games console, I managed to buy a PSP this summer, not too bad for 100 really .

I get 80 a month (like I said I'm broke) So IF I were to wait until the PS3 price came down by about 50-100, it would take me, an impatient person... 5-6 months of saving until I can afford one ... Thats like asking a fat person to give up chocolate biscuits for 6 months!

Whats your situation?

I don't see PS3 coming down a whole lot in the first year, maybe even 2. The XB360 hasn't dropped yet, and it's approaching 1 year. Me? I sold my notebook a while back to get my XB360, so I'm past the big expense. I went with the Premium model, and bought a second wireless controller, so the only thing I spend money on is games. I won't pay more than $30 for a game, and many of the original titles are now at that price point. Next gen' on a budget.
    Give what you cannot keep to gain what you cannot lose.

monies taken by girlfriend. not much for anything else. need i say more?
    IWill KK266+/TBird 1.4ghz/512 mb pc133/Maxtor 40 gb 7200/Seagate 80 gb 7200/Ati Radeon 9250/Voodoodie 2000 pci on 17, 17, & 15" monitors/
    Windows 2000

Toshiba Satellite A75-S211 [3.2 ghz p4, 80 gb, 768 ram, dvd burner, usb2 300 gig maxtor, el cheapo usb2 DL dvd burner
    Windows XP Home SP2

Haha... My bro told me the PS3 games will be 70+ each! But places like Play.com have a few PS3 games on pre-order for 50...

I don't really like XBOX, I'm more of the Sony man... Most of my electronics are Sony come to think of it :O

PS3 is way out of my price range. No way I will ever be able to afford it And there are lots of things that may make it not do so well unfortunately. Xbox 360, I just dont really like it. Nintendo Wii Im starting to really like, except it's name. Why didn't they stick with the cooler sounding revolution?
    But there are already good games coming out (Zelda). And I like how nintendo is out there trying something new (controller). And they didnt go all out on hardware to get a decent price (250).
    I plan on getting one for christmas. Im gonna miss having my parents buying me all this stuff when the day comes I become 18 arent I?

Oh and dont misunderstand me. If I had a choice between PS3 or Wii, and they were same price. I would go PS3 But I just cant afford it.
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

the xbox 360 is absolutely awesome. what dont you like about it?

I can't afford a PS3 when they come out. More of a computer games man.
    Intel Q6600 | Asus P5K SE | 4 GB DDR2 800 | 500GB Seagate SATA | 250GB Seagate SATA | 18x Pioneer SATA DVD-RW | 1 GB Geforce GTX 650 Ti | Logitech Keyboard & Mouse | 650 Watt Cooler Master PSU | Benq 22" LCD

Learn How to Join our Folding@Home Team - Detailed Folding@Home Stats

Quote Originally Posted by ELF2000
    I can't afford a PS3 when they come out. More of a computer games man.
    So was I... So was I... Then came a point that all the games I wanted to play moved to PS2! Couldnt afford one then and I can afford one now ... lol But I just bought myself (well preordered) a 14-Disc Superman DVD box set for my 21st birthday *cough* December 2nd *cough*, so thats 50, which is about the price for a used, good condition PS2.

But I'm the kinda person who knows what he wants, and I always make sure I get what I want! PS3 isn't out here until March, so they won't have good stock available until April at least, that gives me time to scrap every last penny into my savings account

I'm waiting for Gran Torismo to come out. By then, I should be able to pick one up no problem. 2008.

in the meantime, have you tried TocaRaceDriver 3 for PC? imo, the best racer on pc. Absolute fun!

Don't buy the first batch of PS3!!! They'll be problem proned just like the xbox 360 when they first came out.

Meh, I think the original XB360 issues were overplayed. Besides, MS has even offered free repair on the earliest batch of 360s. If there was a standout issue, I'd imagine there would be a recall. I grabbed the 3 year extended warranty for $49 when I bought mine. I figure it's a worthwhile purchase since I plan on keeping it that long, and there's a decent chance that something might fail in that time. I use my 360 quite a bit, and not just for games, but also for DVDs and MP3 streaming.
    Give what you cannot keep to gain what you cannot lose.

Quote Originally Posted by krupted
    the xbox 360 is absolutely awesome. what dont you like about it?
    Im just not much into its games. Anyway, I usually dont like the controls for the types of games I like on there.
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

I've never really been into consoles either, probably because I'm an FPS wh0re. I wouldn't even entertain spending 400+ on a PS3, never had much luck with Sony products anyway in terms of reliability.
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

Building a Sixth system for my Lan Gaming Table so you pretty much see where all my gaming (hobby) money goes! That and having a 4 yo and a 22 month old in the house keeps me from getting a console system right now though the 4 yo enjoys playing on my comps (Crashday, online kid games) while the 22 month old would enjoy destroying them if given the chance, lol, which is why I have a wall dividing the gaming area from their play area.

Maybe in a few years I'll buy a console, but I'll probably wait until the boys decide what they want (and if I'll actually get it for them) which means I'll probably be buying the Xbox 1440() or PS6() as my first console.

Thread Information