Does Anyone Have Xploder HDTV For PS2?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Have Xploder HDTV For PS2?

Does Anyone Have Xploder HDTV For PS2?

Hi, I just bought a Slimline PS2 (should arive in the next few days) and I wanted to know if anyone had this xploder hdtv disc yet?

I will be connecting the PS2 to my PC monitor, which is a TV-monitor, so it has the S-Video and... oh whats that yellow-red-white ports called again? Anyway, I want the best picture quality on my games and wanted to know how this disc works? Obviously my monitor is not HD but I want a sharp crisp picture . If this wont work for me, I'm also considering a monster cable

not aware of any way a software disc can give you a better picture. also, monster cables are a waste of money if you are thinking they will produce higher quality output.

Really? I saw a comparison with picture, I had a PS2 before (A standard size one) and on one game in particular, 007: Rogue Agent, The Picture was VERY VERY bad!

I kept my Rocky (Stallone) game, I like RockY, The picture is 3/5 on that, 1/5 on 007. There is a cable like the monster cable, not monster branded, on eBay, for 6, is it worth buying it?

The link for the DVD to make the PS2 HD is below. From the description, it seem as thou you have to insert that DVD EVERY time before you play a new game, which would be rather annoying I think...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/o/ASIN/B000H...803805-8095066

Quote Originally Posted by krupted
    not aware of any way a software disc can give you a better picture. also, monster cables are a waste of money if you are thinking they will produce higher quality output.

I have a monster cable that outputs through S-video and it does make a difference. Though you would be better off getting a component HD cable.
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

Quote Originally Posted by ThePerson98
    Though you would be better off getting a component HD cable.
    Ok Let me just confirm this, because I keep forgetting , Component cable is the one with 3 wires right? Yellow for Video, Red & White for sound... Right?

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfPersia
    Ok Let me just confirm this, because I keep forgetting , Component cable is the one with 3 wires right? Yellow for Video, Red & White for sound... Right?
    Component has the HD like cables, the 3 video, then the two sound.
    I think it's Red, green, blue, and then the sound cables.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16879100014
    That's a component cable, if you dont have those hookups on your TV, no problem, get a normal video cable.
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

Well my PS2 is should arrive tomorrow morn by 9am, so I'm very excited about it, however now that I bought one, I have like less than a pound left :P so until I get paid next, I'll have to make do with the video cable that comes with the console...

Did I mention it was used? Aka, I also have to buy my own memory card! Nooo!

If you end up buying the Xploder let us know how it is. I would love to play Guitar Hero II in 720p. The native 480p option in the game is a massive improvement over the standard 480i. I can't even imagine how good 720p looks.
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

Yeah, I am looking forward to it too It will be a while until I get it thou, My PS2 has been delayed in the post somewhere So I'm hoping it will arrive 2mo only 3 days late! Then I need to buy a memory card, then an oxygen free copper cable THEN Xploder HDTV ...

But I'll keep you posted when I get it to see the performance differences with it

Got my PS2 this morning, finally!

It's the slimline model, very slim actually, I was suprised when I took it out the box, but it works just like the old one...aka the graphics are the same on my TV-monitor, so I'll be buying a monster cable (just not a monster cable, but a cheap version, gold plated s-video oxygen free cable) in two weeks with my next pay check.

One thing in particular is that the graphics look as thou there is no Anitaliasing, by that I mean the edges of characters and most objects look like they have jagged lines and nothings smooth

all cables are oxygen-free, or at least that claim pretty much means nothing. pretty much the same goes for 'gold plated', it really doesnt mean anything about the quality of the cable

i remember playing need for speed most wanted on my buddies ps2 and his 50" dlp, it was pretty much unplayable for me as i was used to 1600x1200 and high framerates.

Well it was either oxygen-free or something like nitrogen... some sort of gas lol

However, I may have found a much easier way for me to play my PS2 on my monitor, but its a tad complicated to explain

I have one AGP graphics card with one VGA port which has my main monitor plugged in, and it also has a DVI port which I have a second monitor plugged into... NOW, If I were to use a VGA box or some sort of PS2 to VGA adaptor cable/converter, how do I set that up, if I can?

Oh about the audio thats already sorted, I have a very high quality durable optical cable plugged into my X-Fi so I can play with 5.1 when the PC is on, so no need to worry about audio

Unless the VGA box converts from 480i to 480p, it's going to look horrible outputted to a monitor. The Xploder is the best option.
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

Yeah my brother has the Xploder HDTV, unless each of those discs links itself to the first PS2 console its used on, I'm going to try and borrow it from him, save me some cash haha

Ah, but let's compare the prices.

Not everybody has 800 dollars to spend on a console.

Thread Information