weeee for the wii!!!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: weeee for the wii!!!

Hybrid View

weeee for the wii!!!

I can't wait for the wii. Forget the over priced ps3 (which may never come out...) the wii cost less than $300 and will be released on Nov 19th! Not only that but it has 30 titles on release, at least 5 of those I know I want to get :-)

I'm not sure how the controllers will work with sports games like madden, but with Metriod and Zelda....oh man they look sweeeeet.

-----

PS3 and XBox360 can have their fun. I may someday get a 360, but for now I have my PC and soon...I'll have my wii!!

LoL wii...good name.

Heh, I know how you feel buddy.

With Sony and Microsoft, all they did was get new hardware and a few new features. Not even controllers changed.

Nintendo is making something that's different, and that most people can afford.
    BUT Nintendo does try to pull cheap tactics. Making a cheap consoles, and way overpricing for the accessories. (20 bucks for a CABLE?!)

Microsoft and sony tend not to do that so much. But the 100 dollar 20 GB hardrive from Microsoft doesn't make me too happy.
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

i dont know. the only reason i bought a gamecube was the $100 pricetag. people simply cant afford all of these new systems like they could before. its what, 1200 dollars for the three systems alone? inflation isnt rising that fast...

Thumbs up

Nintendo isn't making a "cheap" system, they are making a pure 'GAME' system. Notice that the Gamecube doesn't have so much as a CD player? Same with the Wii. They aren't wasting cost on both themselves and the consumer with needless "other-media" devices. You buy the console to play games, not watch movies. That’s how they're keeping the cost down.

XBOX 360 and PS3 will respectively play HD movies. That means more cost for you.

As for the controllers, do we really need that much innovation? Maybe certain games should have certain controllers, to be sure. However, give me a 6 button controller for games like Street Fighter (insert version number here!) or 3-D brawler.

It would be nice if Nintendo would come out with an assortment of controllers instead of forcing you to use the 'new' one. It's kind of a moot point nowadays seeing as how 3rd party vendors will make such controllers anyway.

Honestly, I can't wait to see how this next-gen gaming console war plays out.

Nintendo does get my vote by the way.

You can get different extensions for the controller, even a gamecube controller, a steering wheel, a lot of stuff.

It isnt that expensive to put a basic DVD player in a console..And Microsoft and Sony are targeting for people making a home theater. I can see the Wii being in the kids' room, and the Xbox 360 being in the living room in the home theater.
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

At work we're 4 to want one too, and almost all for different reasons. One wants it for Wii Sports, one for the Mario game, and two (including me) for Zelda: Twilight Princess

The only thing I dislike, and it's nitpicking, is Nintendo's decision to launch it with one color (white), after posting photos and teasers with all 5 colors. I really don't like the white Wii, looks way too iPod-ish IMO. Maybe that's better that way, as I was probably gonna get the lime green one and pair it with an orange GameCube controller

Core i7 2600K @ 4GHz | Noctua NH-C12P SE14 | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 670 OC 2GB | 256GB Crucial m4 | 2TB WD Green | Samsung DVD±RW | Seasonic X 460w Fanless | Fractal Design Define Mini | Windows 7 Ultimate | Dell 2209WA @ 75Hz

Join the HwC Folding@Home team!

Another Zelda fan! I'm gonna wait a year for its price drop to hit, and for them to be done with all their starting games.

The gamecube had a bunch of cheap games when it first game out. And the games were freakishly expensive.

Thread Information