Guild Wars
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Guild Wars

Guild Wars

Is there a single player/multiplayer demo available of this game?

Im really interested in trying it out.

If anyone knows, please step up!

Thanx!!

-Sin

No demos. Be careful when buying it, it is a fun game but it is swarmed with noobs who don't know how to play games like that, thus sometimes making it take hours for something that takes 15 minutes.

Though it is so much fun when you first get it.
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

My son has played DAOC (Dark Age Of Camelot) for a while now and recently switched to Guild Wars. He liked it for about 1 month. He says that it was too easy to play and get things. He much preferred the difficulty of DAOC and has gone back to it.

Current Main Rig:
    AMD FX55 @ 2.9 GHz
    2 GB PC 3200 DDR RAM
    ABIT KN8 SLi motherboard
    ATI X1900XT O/C to XTX speeds

Retired Rig:
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton @ 2387 MHz. (217*11)
    512MB DDR RAM @ 436 MHz. (PC 3700)
    Abit AN7 motherboard
    BFG GeForce 6800GT OC!

Too Easy...and too many people that can exploit it. You can reach max level in 3 days if you take your time. Not only that, but once you get to "end game" content, it doesn't even feel that fun. I played both the orginal and the expansion, I wish I never bothered.

You can try it, but I doubt it will be anything more than a slight and short lasting deversion from other better games (like World of Warcarft or DAOC or even EQII)

Good luck!

3 days to be level 20?! That would be if you played 15 hours a day..

You HAVE to have good friends to play it. They focused way too hard on teamwork. And there are too many people who assume that everyone else is a noob and shouldnt be listened to. So the party always dies at the end.
    I've met a few cool people on there though.
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

Thread Information