Need Help With Adding Second Display
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Need Help With Adding Second Display

Need Help With Adding Second Display

I was thinking about adding a 7" lcd screen that i have to the corner of my desk. i want to watch tv on it through mce2005 while im playing games on my main screen. this is possible isnt it? any tips i should know about, or special software?

Im going to start playing around, but if anyone can chime in with some knowledge id appreciate it. i have never played with two displays before.

i have an msi 7800gt vivo and a hauppauge 500mce. im hoping to use dvi as the main screen and the s-video out as the second. this should work shouldnt it?

It is possible to play video on the second monitor, but you won't likely be allowed to play games on the second one, at least not 3D games. From my own dual monitor experiences, anytime you launch a game, it will make the secondary monitor go blank. Even if that doesn't happen, it's not likely that you can run directplay along side a DX or OpenGL game. Windows only likes to accelerate to one display at a time, if I'm not mistaken.
    Give what you cannot keep to gain what you cannot lose.

I have just set up dual monitors last night, but I am having trouble doing anything on the 2nd monitor while playing 3D games that dont have an option for a windowed mode. For Example, I can run counter-strike in windowed mode and still use windows on the 2nd monitor. But when I load a fullscreen game such as the Prince Of Persia, I cannot even get the mouse pointer to show on the 2nd monitor

Yeah, that's pretty standard. I've heard that professional graphics cards are better, but those cost an arm and a leg.
    Give what you cannot keep to gain what you cannot lose.

Thread Information