Any opinions on Samsung Laser Printers?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Any opinions on Samsung Laser Printers?

Any opinions on Samsung Laser Printers?

I'm shopping for a color laser printer and happened upon This One. Does anybody here have any experience with the Samsung line? C-Net gave it a 7.2 (for the 510N) rating so I'm leaning toward making the purchase.

I like it better than the comparable HP because this one is wireless ready and performs duplex printing automatically. It's also about $50 less after shipping.

Thanks in advance.
    AMD AM2 5600+ Arctic Cooling Freezer 64Pro Asus M2N 2gb Corsair XMS2 250gb SATA Seagate Barracuda XFX GTX260 Core 216 LeadTek PVR2000 Capture Card CoolerMaster Centurian 5 case Corsair VX550 PSU 19' DCL LCD Vista Home Premium 64

Folding@Home Stats Join the Team

What do the toner cartridges cost and how many pages are they rated for? A low price on a printer can be an entree to expensive refills. Are the Samsung cartridges about the same as HP on a cost per page basis?

From what I can find, the toner cartridges that are included with the printer are good for 2000 pages. I'm comparing this printer with the HP 1600 which will only print 1000 pages per cartridge with those that are included. I also checked Staples for replacement cartridges and they run approx. $5-$10 less than the HP model. They cost about $70 for black and $73 ea. for the three different color cartridges.
    AMD AM2 5600+ Arctic Cooling Freezer 64Pro Asus M2N 2gb Corsair XMS2 250gb SATA Seagate Barracuda XFX GTX260 Core 216 LeadTek PVR2000 Capture Card CoolerMaster Centurian 5 case Corsair VX550 PSU 19' DCL LCD Vista Home Premium 64

No issues with the last three Samsung, ML series, laser printers that I've encountered/dealt with in the past/present.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thanks.

It's ordered and on the way. I'll have to build a new stand for it though, at 75 lbs. it's gonna be tough to support!

Thread Information