White or Black Nintendo DS?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: White or Black Nintendo DS?

White or Black Nintendo DS?

I got a white nintendo DS just a week ago and I read in Sept. they are going to release black ones in the US. I don't like white that much because white plastic usually starts to yellow in a couple of years. I am thinking about takeing mine back and exchanging it for a black one because a black one looks really cool and that's the color I'd really like to have. But then I was thinking though...since there is a glossy finish....would finger prints and scratches show significantly more on the black one?

yes

I hate how all the new portable stuff (Ipods, PSPs, Nintendo DS) are all shiny, and usually ugly.

The ipod nano, just setting the shiny side down on a perfectly smooth surface scratches it.

You might be able to get a case for the black one to keep it from getting all beat up and nasty looking. Usually some other company makes something really nice.
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

Hmm, I have the white DS lite and it doesn't seem to really easy to scratch up since it has a clear plastic shell incasing it already. I don't feel like I need to buy a case for it. I've dropped it a couple times and I have not seen anything dent that clear coat year. The only thing it does do is pick up finger prints.

I don't think the black would be that bad, but to me I just don't really care. I like the white one just fine. I've never been one to real care how it looks as longs as I can find games I want to play, and better functions like the built in wifi.
    Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal ~Einstein

Welll, the biggest reason why I want the black one is so the screen will look better on it. With a black one, the screen will contrast it and appear to be brighter and stand out more as with the white one it will look more 'blended in' and not stand out as good.

I not a fan of Nintendo. Sorry about that. Sorry for new bad news
    I dont like the DS. I so sorry I hate it! please parden me! that stupid pen thing that scraches the hell of the screen. that plastic sheet gets damaged realy easy. Verry bad. may crach the LCD. So I did not buy one. I dont like the graphics. There is not one game that interested me what so sever.
    Sorry about this I dont see my self buying that thing. or any other Nintendo game system. I dont want to make a Nintendo fan up-set! I do have a point to make. I jsut stick with my PS2!

Quote Originally Posted by pikabko1
    I not a fan of Nintendo. Sorry about that. Sorry for new bad news
    I dont like the DS. I so sorry I hate it! please parden me! that stupid pen thing that scraches the hell of the screen. that plastic sheet gets damaged realy easy. Verry bad. may crach the LCD. So I did not buy one. I dont like the graphics. There is not one game that interested me what so sever.
    Sorry about this I dont see my self buying that thing. or any other Nintendo game system. I dont want to make a Nintendo fan up-set! I do have a point to make. I jsut stick with my PS2!
    That was completely inappropriate to the topic.
    If he wanted to hear that the thread would have been called "Nintendo DS or PSP?" or something of the sort.

For the stylus pen scratching the screen. All that takes is either
    A: Some careful handling
    B: A different stylus
    C: Both
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

Let me ask this:

Why select a color based on longevity?

If it came in various colors and designs it might make some sense to select a color; one that suits your personality type. But black or white isn't much of a selection.

Scratches and yellowing shouldn't be that much of a factor in color selection. If it continues to play, what else matters?

Unless of course, you're a collector of video game hardware, then it might suit you to keep it at near mint condition. However, to do so you might as well never play with it. Just store it in a closet and forget about it for 10 years .

The Game boy DS is not been running for 10 years.
    I did see some realy bad scrached up screens.
    PSP on the other hand is got some realy cool features.
    Nice wide screen! plays movies,There are a some RPG(s) that I like to get my hands on. I am waiting to get a position in order to pay for it.
    Its verry expensive. However is dose have cool looking graphics.
    I am also waiting for the game developers to make games that I may be interested with.
    I have bad experience with Nintendo. trying to solve the mater against Sega of America. Sega of America simply ripped me off big time.
    and wasted 140.00 Sega did not refund on two defective games
    I sold my Game Cube with Anger. Nintendo simply backed up Sega of America rather backing me up. Sega had the constion rights to ripp off customers is wrong. I did not want to say anything about it. On the other hand
    cosumers do have the right to learn corp lever crime.
    if the sofware is defective I have the rigth to ask for a refund.
    Brand new software died form the start.
    one of the two is so badly designed that the game cannot be played.
    That was Phantasy Star online Episode 3 The game play realy stinks

QUOTE=Gaikotsu]Let me ask this:

Why select a color based on longevity?

If it came in various colors and designs it might make some sense to select a color; one that suits your personality type. But black or white isn't much of a selection.

Scratches and yellowing shouldn't be that much of a factor in color selection. If it continues to play, what else matters?

Unless of course, you're a collector of video game hardware, then it might suit you to keep it at near mint condition. However, to do so you might as well never play with it. Just store it in a closet and forget about it for 10 years .[/QUOTE]

i'd rather have a white one

Be creative. Buy the white one and paint it whatever color you like!

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=1

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=5

Current Main Rig:
    AMD FX55 @ 2.9 GHz
    2 GB PC 3200 DDR RAM
    ABIT KN8 SLi motherboard
    ATI X1900XT O/C to XTX speeds

Retired Rig:
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton @ 2387 MHz. (217*11)
    512MB DDR RAM @ 436 MHz. (PC 3700)
    Abit AN7 motherboard
    BFG GeForce 6800GT OC!

Those are really cool stuff.
    Main
    AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 512 cache
    Asus K8V
    Samsung 1gig (2) 512 ddr400 timings 200mhz 2.5-3-3-5
    Zalman CNPS7000A-ALCU
    Radeon 9800PRO
    Audigy2
    Logitech z640
    Pioneer 107d
    Toshiba dvd 16x40
    BARRACUDA SATA 120GB,300GB
    ENERMAX 450w PSU
    Windows w2k Pro

I got a message in my email. regarding a white or black Game Boy DS.
    Well I choose neather one. Not even The Wii, or any other system.
    I had a serious problems with Sega of America customer care. Like the fact is rupping people's money off buy not honering there own warrenty.
    It it is a manifactor's defect. However the corp level dose not replace any software no mater what ever resion what so ever. Not even defective design flaw from the case that killed the disc. Sega of America just want people to send it in wasting money and postage. two 50.00 games was wasted.
    Verry bad corp level. They rather do nothing due to full cost. Cheaper doing nothing about customer care. Replacing disc dose cost money. To save money corp level is do nothing. Let all the consumer waste there money.
    No wonder Seg'a last game system died due to bad sales. Bad corp level leads to bad sales. Also leads to no futher sales. ends up loosing there system.
    I so I reported the mater to Nintendo of America regarding the valger corp level. Also to report the valger reports I had to hear on the phone.
    I got letters of excuses that dont make sense and not signed or dated.
    Verry sloppy of Sega. I gave back the letters to Sega of America with a warning of the valger report that is not signed correctly or dated properly.
    or call me Mr or Madam. I reported it. to Nintendo.
    what was the respond over all the crises I had to take. Nintendo Croted:...
    "Sega of America have the constitution rights to do what ever they want!
    I am not going to do anything about it"
    I croted " What gives the right to ripping customer's money? Ha"
    nintendo croted" Sega have the rights to do what ever they want"
    My respond over that"Is that want you want???!!!???!!!??? What the helll?
    Ok I am going to see my Game Cube to the Vender I got it from. I no longer a customer for a company that protects valger business practice!"
    I rushed over the vender on that day and got rid of it. Then I called them back up and reported how much money I wasted. and reported never ever do this to me again. NEVER!

Any compnay that chooses to bash any costomer Like me for example.
    I have the right to place any report I need to get done.
    I look for clean customer service that I paid for. I did not get a fair deal.
    instead it exploded in my face. Realy. The company should haved taken care of there customers. I dont know where the information you got how what ever it is you got. What ever the case may be.
    Both compnay did not have to go what they haved done.
    Both Sega or Nintendo dont give a darn about customer care.
    I no longer going to do any business from any compnay that dose not want to do a honest business. Perhaps you should get after both compnays rather blaming me for being negitive. After all I am a paying customer. and what ever heppened. I got like getting ripped off.
    Oh you just interrupped some files I am working on regarding Gigabyte-usa
    I do have to get back to it. Its something more serious then you think
    I beleave in a honest business. if a compnay rather bash consumers with valger business. The money I spent is wasted. I dont like what the hell is happing. If any compnay dose this sort of thing. I did not warn you.

Thread Information