Hi guys!!
Like the topic says, I'm just wondering what you guys think about the Geforce 7600GT in terms of value (my price limit is about $180-ish), performance, and especially how long to you think it will last me before I have to buy a new one. It's way passed due for me to upgrade and I want to make a good, educated decision before purchase. I understand the whole Vista/DX10 crazy scenario and people say to wait until it comes out, but frankly those cards are going to be so expensive and Vista's probably going to have its share of bugs when it comes out so I'm not even going to bother to worry about that right now.

I'm just wanting a card that will play recent games exceptionally and still have reasonable game-play a couple years down the road. Any suggestions besides the 7600GT is welcomed. I appreciate any and all advise and opinions.

Oh, here are my computer specs:

AMD Athlon XP 3200 (~2.2GH)
1gb RAM
Geforce FX 5200 (yes, I'll give you a moment to recover at the sight of my awful card. And yes, i'm very aware how crappy it is!!)

If i knew where to look for what my motherboard is I'd list that too. I understand it being PCI-E compatible is important for this type of card, so if you could also let me know where to look for that. I've tried DXDIAG and Device Manager, but I'm probably just not reading it right or something

Once again, thanks guys for your comments!!